Argentina re-opening international flights in August!

This sounds like good news, but we SHALL see. I want to plan some travel times and I am expecting travelers. hip hip hooray.

Some guy in the gov already said that the domestic flight ban will be flexible and delayed. Last week I think.

Subscribe to facebook page of US embassy in Buenos Aires. They have regular updates for all flights within Argentina and going to USA.. And once you reach USA, its easy to fly to Europe or Asia etc

American scrapped the LAX flight indefinitely. DFW and JFK have been canceled thru last week of October. MIA-EZE will operate only x1 a day from second week of September (subject to change).

We just had a family member arrive on an Eastern Flight from MIA. Family emergency. Alot of hassle but he was able to get here from Minnesota.

https://www.lepoint.fr/politique/em...ine-de-pays-tiers-27-06-2020-2381985_1897.php

Interesting to note that only Canada and Uruguay are on the EU "white list" from the Americas.

Africa : Algeria, Tunisia, Rwanda and Morocco
Europe : Serbia, Montenegro, Georgia
Asia : South Korea, Japan, Thailand
Americas : Canada, Uruguay
Oceania : Australia, New Zealand

As to what is happening in Canada, I can report firsthand.

I am currently in quarantine on account of having traveled to the US. You are not allowed into the country unless you demonstrate you have a quarantine plan (an address where you will reside, and means for getting necessities delivered). 14 days at home, no jokes. Cannot leave home for any reason except to seek medical attention. They do spot checks, both calling home numbers and knocking on doors. Penalties are up to $750K and/or 6 months imprisonment; the limits increase considerably if someone actually gets sick because of your violation.

Admission to Canada is limited to Canadian citizens and residents, US citizens whose travel is deemed essential, and some exceptions are made for family reunification. Anybody entering the country is automatically quarantined unless considered an essential worker. These are exempt from self-isolating, but are expected to self-monitor and report any symptoms at once. Some provinces prohibit entry even from other regions of Canada unless you live there.

Some schools in Montreal have reopened, day camps are running with fairly limited disruptions vis a vis the usual, and in general life is getting back normal. The number of new daily infections is fairly moderate, for the past month or so between 150 and 500 nationally. In Québec it’s generally 100-250 infections per day, most in Montreal. A far cry from Argentina’s levels, and with considerably more activity, economic and otherwise.

That flight to Miami on Aerolineas Argentina on July 11 might just be a repatriation flight. If you look it's the only one next month. Still shows only 1 seat left for $620.85 US. Nothing until September 1 which corresponds with the September 1 opening date. I have relatives that are leaving September 2.

These are called repatriation flights, this term has essentially come to include all “special”, not-regularly-scheduled flights. The US ones are operated by Eastern Airlines, and Aerolineas does some as well.
July 11 is not the last one, AFAIK there is another one 2 weeks later, followed by another Eastern flight.

You could probably charter a private plane but there are no commercial flights.

This is correct.
In fact, there are charters being organized out of the country as well (the one I referenced a few weeks ago was one such example).
It’s a bit complicated and very expensive.

We just had a family member arrive on an Eastern Flight from MIA. Family emergency. Alot of hassle but he was able to get here from Minnesota.

If you say “just”, I take it you mean the flight that was delayed by a day?
Did this relative have Argentine papers?

Last edited:
Back