Argentina re-opening international flights in August!

Another thing to think about is who wants to visit us right now and is willing to accept the personal risk, and as always who will have us.

Holiday in Brazil tomorrow, anyone? Well it may surprise you to know that it now seems AMBA has more daily cases and deaths on average than the state of Río de Janeiro in recent weeks. We are hardly any better at this point in time in terms of appeal.

Already at this stage, Air Canada have pushed flights to EZE back to October. Emirates indefinitely suspend EZE. Turkish, Ethiopian and Lufthansa still have no firm dates in mind to actually resume services. No one is in a rush to get back here even if border controls were lifted on 01SEP. Argentina is a super long flight from most places and the economics of that makes flying half empty planes very challenging indeed - a market that at this moment is not considered worth competing over by many companies and better off just leaving it to a few of the braver ones.
Air Canada also depends on Chile for the EZE flights, so if Chile doesn't open by October, Air Canada will either have to postpone again or fly directly - which I doubt they will, they tried a couple of years ago and ended up going back to years old Toronto-Santiago-EZE within half a year...

Air Canada also depends on Chile for the EZE flights, so if Chile doesn't open by October, Air Canada will either have to postpone again or fly directly - which I doubt they will, they tried a couple of years ago and ended up going back to years old Toronto-Santiago-EZE within half a year...
Good point but I suspect that they would rather go direct to SCL are forego EZE in this climate and not need to worry about collecting pesos and getting them out again. Easier to funnel pax through GRU and SCL via a codeshare. The last four or five times I have used that flight from here in the past year there have been rather few originating and terminating here, especially up front, but it sure fills up to and from SCL!

I'm anxious to travel but I'm not getting on any flight unless all the other passengers have tested covid-free in the last 48 hours.

Good point but I suspect that they would rather go direct to SCL are forego EZE in this climate and not need to worry about collecting pesos and getting them out again. Easier to funnel pax through GRU and SCL via a codeshare. The last four or five times I have used that flight from here in the past year there have been rather few originating and terminating here, especially up front, but it sure fills up to and from SCL!
for sure...esp considering that they have to deal with the pesadilla of argentine unpredictable idiocy when it comes to red tape. The last few AC flights from EZE at the end of March had SCL-EZE portion cancelled - march 22 after 8 hours of negotiations...cause argentina refused to permit the landing. funny enough the march 23 made it through, but on the 25 it was back to the 22 ordeal, so AC arranged with LATAM to ship all the leftover passengers from the 22 to SCL, where the same AC flight was waiting to take us back to TO....

I'm anxious to travel but I'm not getting on any flight unless all the other passengers have tested covid-free in the last 48 hours.
If the departure airport is EZE, I highly doubt Covid-19 tests performed at private labs in CABA would have a turnaround time of 48 hrs.
I already inquired...currently the speedier turnaround time for results is 72 hrs. when done at a private lab in Montevideo.

Last edited:
Check here for updates on Brazilian entry requirements. Last time I checked foreigners could still transit provided they remained airside and connection was within 24 hours.
http://buenosaires.itamaraty.gov.br/es-es/

Regarding flights:

AUG approvals are not published yet but I imagine they will be approved like the flights these weeks. Will try and track it down and post it when I can to do what I can to assist the exodus of foreigners from Argentina ;)

View attachment 7155
would you have this table for August? :)

6 August 2020
Coronavirus: The United States recommended to its citizens not to travel to Argentina because they could be trapped in their homes without being able to leave the country. The North American embassy in Argentina reported that they raised the alert to level 4....
....As announced on its website, Argentina is now considered "Level 4: do not travel" and put COVID-19 as its main reason: "Those who travel may suffer from border closures, airport closings, travel bans, curfew , store closings and other emergencies ”....

Last edited:
The US also issued a travel advisory for New Zealand... really, I don't think any country wants to see travelers from the US, these travel advisories are just some kind of retaliation for imagined offences.

Back