Argentina Sacrifices Economy to Ward Off Virus

Last night there was major cacerolazo from the balconies to request that All Public Employees salaries be reduced by 50 % for a Coronavirus Solidarity Fund. Makes sense independent workers can't earn a living in Quarantine, Private Sector workers are fired suspended or dismissed. However Public servants earn comfortably at home 100 % of their salaries paid by those taxpayers that can't feed their families.

No mention to dismiss dead wood in the Public Sector ??
You seem to do not read the news. There is a lot of social help for workers, even monotributistas and employers because the State is going to pay 30.000 pesos of the salary that employers must pay back at 24% after the crisis.
Layoffs are forbidden.
FYI police, military and most of the doctors and nurses are public servants.
Teachers at public schools go to work to feed poor childrem who eat there.
So, which tax payer cannot feed his familly? Techint?0100D44D-E3C7-453C-BCCC-2B21F2F452E9.png23E49492-0188-4C24-9ED4-7BCE1C32D463.png

Last edited:
@ bajo_cero again you miss the point .

Highly paid Government people haven't mentioned the idea to reduce their salaries , only suggest to use taxpayers money..? while everybody else has to tighten their belt. Don't touch my Salary
Excludes lowly paid Health workers, teachers, police and army. etc.
Well it's an opportunity for you to support this Government

Last edited:
There is a lot of social help for workers, even monotributistas and employers because the State is going to pay 30.000 pesos of the salary that employers must pay back at 24% after the crisis.

Layoffs are forbidden.

Does this meann that employers who do not have the cash reserves to continue to pay thier employees are required to borrow money from the State to pay their employees during the crisis?

Also, during the crisis are they required to pay their employees their full salaries or a flat rate of $30.000 per employee?

Does this meann that employers who do not have the cash reserves to continue to pay thier employees are required to borrow money from the State to pay their employees during the crisis?

Also, during the crisis are they required to pay their employees their full salaries or a flat rate of $30.000 per employee?
Full salaries. They have to borrow that money, until 30.000 per employed. In my case, I pay 45.000, so I have to pay 15.000. There is going to be a grace period before to start paying the debt.

Good gesture from Nestor to give away 2 % of his vast personal wealth.

However maybe there is a slight difference between sticking your hand in your pocket than giving away taxpayers moneys , Earned ? perhaps by Politicians...?
Well, Macri is owes 4.2 billion usd for the canon of Correo Argentino ;).

Yeah... you love the " Y VOS ?" game instead of addressing the issues..!
No, I just pointed hypocrisy and idiotcracy. This slogan was created at Peña’s troll center. Here is where hypocreacy applies because MM owes 4.2 billion usd.
Idiotcracy applies when you repeat that the politicians who are dealing with the pandemia should cut their salaries.
Greatness is applied when Senators K, instead of accepting the reduction of their salaries, donate it 100%. Now it is Macri's turn to pay the royalty of Correo Argentino that is 4.2 billion usd.

Bajo is a master of Whataboutism!

"A variant of the tu quoque logical fallacy that attempts to discredit an opponent's position by charging them with hypocrisy without directly refuting or disproving their argument."

Back