Argentina scraping by in WC qualifiers

YOenBA

Registered
YOenBA said:
Is it just me or does Argentina always seem to play terribly and then scrap by just before it all goes down the drain? I seem to remember last World Cup they just barely qualified, they had to win their final qualifying game to make it and luckily they did. This article is about yet another close call. Get it together, Argentina!

http://buenosairesherald.com/article/111277/road-to-wc-higuaín-rescues-point-to-keep-argentina-atop

Despite an ugly draw last night in a match they deserved to lose, Argentina is at the top of the WC qualifying heap. Not scraping by at the moment.

To get a draw on the road against a team that was playing a combination of "Fútbol" & Rugby when they didn't have the ball and then were alternating between Track (Athletics) and Diving when they did have the ball was not too bad.

4 teams, BESIDES BRAZIL, automatically qualify for the 2014 WC and a 5th is in a playoff with Oceana or something. (Which is a veritable "gimme".)

CONMEBOL (South America's 10 big countries) should have 6 out of their 10 teams in the 2014 World Cup. Argentina finally has a coach who understands how to coach. (Brits: "a manager who understands how to manage".)

Qualifying is a slugfest, not Rhythmic Gymnastics. You cherish the entertaining games and you accept the ugly ones as part of the package.

Vamos Albiceleste!

Hey Napoleon-do you ever go here ?:

http://www.mundoalbiceleste.com/

Napoleon said:
To get a draw on the road against a team that was playing a combination of "Fútbol" & Rugby when they didn't have the ball and then were alternating between Track (Athletics) and Diving when they did have the ball was not too bad.

4 teams, BESIDES BRAZIL, automatically qualify for the 2014 WC and a 5th is in a playoff with Oceana or something. (Which is a veritable "gimme".)

CONMEBOL (South America's 10 big countries) should have 6 out of their 10 teams in the 2014 World Cup. Argentina finally has a coach who understands how to coach. (Brits: "a manager who understands how to manage".)

Qualifying is a slugfest, not Rhythmic Gymnastics. You cherish the entertaining games and you accept the ugly ones as part of the package.

Vamos Albiceleste!

Nothing to be worried about, They will top the table and qualify with ease. I want to see a few upsets anyway, I will be watching Group A of Europe for Macedonia.

Played well against Paraguay last week

Scrappy against Peru last night but dodgy Peruvian tactics and a homer of a ref didn't help.....

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Expat Life 0
Back