Argentina sees sharpest drop in beef consumption for 30 years

All surrounding countries consume around 20 kg/capita , all healthy . Argentina could go to that average and be healthier.
Five years ago, at the tender age of 68, I would have agreed with this 100%.

Since then, based on my personal experience, especially over the past 18 months, I have come to the inescapable conclusion that grass fed Argentine beef (aka red meat) is the the healthiest and "most healing" source of nutrition it is possible for human beings to consume...

...and, that, with the exception of "pastured" chicken eggs and possibly some cheeses, everything else is actually, to a greater or lesser degree, harmful.

PS: i thought of making this post last night, but I decided to wait for tonight's full moon.

lemmesee: assuming 85% fat content, 1kg is about 2350cal...20kg/month per capita means about 1700 cal per day JUST from meat...nearly 100% of what is needed from meat...you think that has all the nutrients you need?

lemmesee: assuming 85% fat content, 1kg is about 2350cal...20kg/month per capita means about 1700 cal per day JUST from meat...nearly 100% of what is needed from meat...you think that has all the nutrients you need?
Why did you assume that the fat content of beef I eat is 85%, especially without knowing what cuts I buy or how much red meat I eat on a daily basis.

A quick search on Google will provide significantly lower fat percentages for leaner cuts.

Beef and Fat | ThinkBeef https://thinkbeef.ca/beef-and-fat/

That being said, rib eye has the highest percentage of fat and, if I could afford to eat it every day, I would.

I indicated that I also.consume eggs and cheese every day, but, if all I had to eat was red meat in order to provide 100% if mt caloric intake, I wouldn't worry, even if I was consuming leaner cuts and I could cook them in rendered beef fat (aka: lard).

Either way, if you still think my "diet" is lacking in essential nutrients, and, without assuming anything else, please tell me what they are and what foods I should eat to supply them.

Steve, I just took 85% as an average...of course I don't know what cuts you eat neither the details of your diet...what I meant to say is that a 20kg/month diet gets practically all calories from beef...sort of a moot point since now I think the OP article meant 20kg/year, quite a difference. Salud!

PS to my previous post: I also consume butter, which I add to my coffee...with a pinch of sea salt, which is the only seasoning I use when cooking meat on a plancha de hierro.

I have now mentioned everything I consume, and red meat is now just about 50% of the daily total (by weight), though, based on recent price trends, I may increase.my daily intake of beef and reduce my daily intake of cheese.

Steve, I just took 85% as an average...of course I don't know what cuts you eat neither the details of your diet...what I meant to say is that a 20kg/month diet gets practically all calories from beef...sort of a moot point since now I think the OP article meant 20kg/year, quite a difference. Salud!
I think it is accurate to say that Argentines eating less than 2kg of red meat per month are not eating the "carnivore" diet...

...and their health problems are likely due to the excess consumption of sugar and other high carb or highly processed foods: grains, fruit juices, legumes, seed oils, diet sodas ...not animal fat or protein.

All surrounding countries consume around 20 kg/capita , all healthy . Argentina could go to that average and be healthier.
If Argentines should cut something, it should be sweet drinks. In my opinion overconsumption of meat is positive for their health, because they almost don't eat other carbohydrates. But lately I see a lot of obesity I didn't notice 10 years ago. A lot of Argentines also refuse to walk 100m, especially in smaller places.

Back