Argentina: The High Stress Society

chris

Registered
http://www.clarin.com/sociedad/adictos-tranquilizantes-argentinos-toman-10-millones-pastillas-dia_0_Sy42K34ce.html

imagine 25 percent of the population so stressed out that they depend on tranquilizers! Not at all the stereotype the world has of laid back Latin America.

Does not surprise me. Seems like every time I go to the pharmacy half the customers (myself included) are buying some kind of tranquilizer.

I was asked why so many people are in drugs here and couldn't answer tho this question. Any hint?

Recently I went out with a local friend and she was DOPED. I have never seen somebody so stoned, not even on pot. WTF is wrong with these people?!

At least they're not dying in droves from heroin and fentanyl. :rolleyes:

I was asked why so many people are in drugs here and couldn't answer tho this question. Any hint?

I think it's probably the same reason that so many people in the US are prescribed opioid painkillers.

Certain drugs become popular and enter a cycle where doctors are more comfortable prescribing them because they've seen their effects on a broad group of patients and more people ask for them because they're being widely used by people they know.

Vicodin and Valium are two easy examples but even with antibiotics my experience has been that doctors in the US and Argentina seem to have different go-to meds to treat the same symptoms.

Valium and Vicodin have serious side effects.
Here doctors prefer to prescribe allplax that does not produce phisical dependency (toxicomany).
The article seems an advertising for rivotril.

Valium and Vicodin have serious side effects.
Here doctors prefer to prescribe allplax that does not produce phisical dependency (toxicomany).
The article seems an advertising for rivotril.
Valium shares most of its side effects with Alpax (Xanax) and rivotril (Klonopin).

Back