Argentina to stop placing entry and exit stamps in passports

I would say straight terrifying. Good news its only US and Russians who have it that good .

God bless Argentina where governmental workers may write down your surname of 6 letters with 3 errors and still give you what you came for:)

Why don't they save some real money and not make you go through customs on your way out of the country? Never understood this....
Most countries have exit controls. It doesn’t actually require a stamp, but it does require at least a stop/ check. It’s used not only for keeping tabs on numbers but also enforcing entry requirements (detecting and deterring overstays) and local judicial orders (unpaid fines, court appearances, arrest warrants etc.) as well as preventing kidnappings or human trafficking.

For example, countries like the US with weak exit controls they depend on APIS information alone to detect suspected criminals meaning there is a big risk they get the APIS information last minute (eg those who book last minute or buy at the airport or change their travel date last minute) and the person simply slips onto a plane without anyone being sent to look for them - meaning a lengthy (and massively costly) extradition process is required. Likewise overstayers only “face the music” when / if they ever return rather than simply paying up on the spot.

Anyway I like the idea of stampless entry and exit to Argentina - it saves passport pages and make renewals less frequent.

Next time try this

Tell immigration you have nothing to declare and refuse to show your passport
Tell customs here is my passport and refuse to open your bags

If you have a problem, say Whatever

Good luck
BoilingWideGrayling-size_restricted.gif

The governments facial recognition has become incredible.
surveillance: close observation, especially of a suspected spy or criminal.

Soon they will know everything about you through technology.

Hi all,
I would be grateful for some advice if possible!
I arrived into Argentina on the 23rd of February and left for Brazil for the carnival on the 20th of April.
However, on my return to Argentina on the 1st of May I was not stamped for re-entry.
I have searched my passport everywhere for the stamp but cannot find it.
The only thing is that there is a signature over the initial stamp on the 23rd of February which I'm not sure if it is new or if it was already there.
My initial 90 days are coming to an end soon and don't know if they have been renewed or if I am still on the old 90 days?
Apologies if this situation has already been answered.
Many thanks!

Last time I entered the US I approached the
"globalprecheck" (or whatever its called) kiosk to place my passport on the reader. It was about 2 years since I had been back to the states. To my suprise, I didn't need to actually place my passport. The system recognized me from just standing there even with a mask on. I checked "no to all" to the 6 questions and I went into through the immigration point. I walked and picked up my bags and went straight out the door to the arrivals terminal. Literally took 15 minutes with all the walking.

The governments facial recognition has become incredible.
Which airport was this?

Hi all,
I would be grateful for some advice if possible!
I arrived into Argentina on the 23rd of February and left for Brazil for the carnival on the 20th of April.
However, on my return to Argentina on the 1st of May I was not stamped for re-entry.
I have searched my passport everywhere for the stamp but cannot find it.
The only thing is that there is a signature over the initial stamp on the 23rd of February which I'm not sure if it is new or if it was already there.
My initial 90 days are coming to an end soon and don't know if they have been renewed or if I am still on the old 90 days?
Apologies if this situation has already been answered.
Many thanks!
Check here, you will get all info you need

Back