Argentina Vs Panama

PanamaRandy, Hi. consider visiting BsAs one more time before selling anything of your properties in PC.Property prices are going up in BA and fast. It is best to come here and do all the things you you want to do and cannot live without and tally up your expenses. $2K is a good rounded- off number to start with but you will need to factor in future increases of all sorts, if you plan to relocate here. Furniture, appliances, toys, club memberships, etc. can all add up. Another visit to BA would be a wise thing since it sounds like cost is not an immediate issue.

"Grazie" said:
PanamaRandy, Hi. consider visiting BsAs one more time before selling anything of your properties in PC.Property prices are going up in BA and fast. It is best to come here and do all the things you you want to do and cannot live without and tally up your expenses. $2K is a good rounded- off number to start with but you will need to factor in future increases of all sorts, if you plan to relocate here. Furniture, appliances, toys, club memberships, etc. can all add up. Another visit to BA would be a wise thing since it sounds like cost is not an immediate issue.

Thanks will do..I am not selling out in Panama because of wanting to move to BA , but to move somewhere else. To be honest if prices are as high as this board seems to show BA I think is heading for a downward sprial..Just curious but what is the min. wage in BA? What does a typical government worker make there? What does a engineeer make? Just wonder how they can afford such pricing..is $10(300ps) a hour normal for local workers..because it seems like it would have to be to be able to afford to live in BA..
thanks
Randy

"PanamaRandy" said:

Thanks will do..I am not selling out in Panama because of wanting to move to BA , but to move somewhere else. To be honest if prices are as high as this board seems to show BA I think is heading for a downward sprial..Just curious but what is the min. wage in BA? What does a typical government worker make there? What does a engineeer make? Just wonder how they can afford such pricing..is $10(300ps) a hour normal for local workers..because it seems like it would have to be to be able to afford to live in BA..
thanks
Randy
Hourly wage would be around 3 dollar, government worker makes from 300 dollar to like 1500 dollar, I would say the average is 500 dollar an egineer with a finished college degree makes prolly around 600 dollar at the start and around 1200-1500 dollar with some years of experince
Please use USD/U$/dollars if you talk about dollars.

Well there you go with such low wages in BA and a person saying 2k excluding rent to be okay I would say you have a big problem in BA. I think what you have is a market that will crash and is only holding it's own now because of the rentals to tourists. Tourists will stop coming if inflation does not stop and then you will see prices going back where they need to be to be able to support what the normal wages are in your country..
Best
Randy

i am not sure if i follow your logic. wages are much lower in china and russia yet those places are easily 10x as expensive to foreigners as argentina. i don't understand your connection.

"PanamaRandy" said:
Yes I know..I have been there once and certainly will come again. Right now I have 2 properties on the market here in Panama, I do plan to sell out and move but not sure where I will land. Everyone here thinks I'm nuts telling me Panama is the best and mas tranquil of all of latin america but for myself after 3 years I am ready for a move. But if you're spending 2k a month excluding rent and you feel that is cheap I have to differ when it comes to me. 2k is not at all cheap per month excluding rent at least on my budget. When I lived in Santa Monica, CA excluding rent I paid less than that and did fun things everyday..oh well..when I get things sold here I will come over and spend more time..
Buenos Aires is becoming expensive -- though it probably does have much more to offer than most Latin American capitals. Argentina itself is a bit of a roller-coaster ride, as the country lurches from crisis to crisis every few years. What kind of properties are you selling in PC?

"PanamaRandy" said:
Well there you go with such low wages in BA and a person saying 2k excluding rent to be okay I would say you have a big problem in BA. I think what you have is a market that will crash and is only holding it's own now because of the rentals to tourists. Tourists will stop coming if inflation does not stop and then you will see prices going back where they need to be to be able to support what the normal wages are in your country..
Best
Randy
First you wanted to live in BA now you want to invest in BA?

Wherever I move I will live and invest there.
Thans for all the comments
Best
Randy

I would sell my 2 properties, put the money on a US account and live of the interest.
I have the money but I will never invest in Argentina, especially if I can make enough interest to live well

Understood but just thinking of something to keep me busy..even though I am sure there are plenty of them in BA what about a nice coffeehouse/internet cafe and have local music on the weekends..
Best
Randy

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Articles 55
V Expat Life 1
F Expat Life 10
E Entertainment 4
melycherry Newcomers Forum 0
Back