Argentina VS Spain

In Argentina the food is much more Italian influenced (not nearly as good though) but the culture is much more Spanish. It’s always interesting to me that Argentines think they can come to Italy and communicate in their Spanish, sorry, castellano.

I find the loud talking, the gestures and the general culture more like Italy than Spain. I agree with mmon that the food is more Italian than anything else though not as good.

We are the only country in LA with a province with same name as in Spain (La Rioja)
Regarding fish food, BA was founded at 400 Km (250 mi) from the ocean, and there was no way to bring fresh fish here until recent times.
That is the reason that years ago the most popular seafood was BACALAO DE NORUEGA (dried fish cod).
Usually it was cooked in PASCUAS.

We are the only country in LA with a province with same name as in Spain (La Rioja)
Regarding fish food, BA was founded at 400 Km (250 mi) from the ocean, and there was no way to bring fresh fish here until recent times.
That is the reason that years ago the most popular seafood was BACALAO DE NORUEGA (dried fish cod).
Usually it was cooked in PASCUAS.

It's my opinion that Argentine culture was really defined in the late 19th and early 20th centuries when masses of Italians entered the country. Could that also be the reason for the pronunciation?

It's my opinion that Argentine culture was really defined in the late 19th and early 20th centuries when masses of Italians entered the country. Could that also be the reason for the pronunciation? As for names, Argentina has a town called Lincoln and Paraguay one called Hayes.

lack of good ingredients, or you use what is affordable is my guess. so it doesn't taste the same.

Back