Argentina wins, Messi GOAT

For all the problems and challenges we may have and complain about, we truly do have a beautiful city
Agreed, but today is a terrible day to live downtown. The streets and shops are all choked with fans. I went to the Carrefour Express to buy something for breakfast and it was a total Charlie Foxtrot. 25-30 people in line, and nothing on the shelves because today's delivery was still in the cages; staff had no time to stock the shelves because the registers were mobbed. I know I'm being a grouchy old man, but it's a bit annoying.

the micro with the seleccion is basically stuck on the autopista. it's gonna be interesting to see how they even continue the parade route towards downtown

Agreed, but today is a terrible day to live downtown. The streets and shops are all choked with fans. I went to the Carrefour Express to buy something for breakfast and it was a total Charlie Foxtrot. 25-30 people in line, and nothing on the shelves because today's delivery was still in the cages; staff had no time to stock the shelves because the registers were mobbed. I know I'm being a grouchy old man, but it's a bit annoying.
Oh I feel you, the second I saw the news last night about the feriado I ran go Carrefour because I can see 9 de Julio from my apt, I'm right in the middle of it.

Whether one agrees or not over the holiday deceleration nationally, at least in Metropolitan Buenos Aires this would have only been worse. I saw people walking with lawn chairs outside my apartment at 2 AM last night getting ready.

I ventured out for a bit in to the chaos for some pictures, just in time for the flyover. Seeing IA-63 Pampas and Lockheed A-4AR Fightinghawks flying down 9 de Julio is not how I was expecting this year to wrap up.

Oh I feel you, the second I saw the news last night about the feriado I ran go Carrefour because I can see 9 de Julio from my apt, I'm right in the middle of it.

Whether one agrees or not over the holiday deceleration nationally, at least in Metropolitan Buenos Aires this would have only been worse. I saw people walking with lawn chairs outside my apartment at 2 AM last night getting ready.

I ventured out for a bit in to the chaos for some pictures, just in time for the flyover. Seeing IA-63 Pampas and Lockheed A-4AR Fightinghawks flying down 9 de Julio is not how I was expecting this year to wrap up.
Yeah, I'm hearing the flyovers right now. When I heard the first one a couple hours ago, it startled me badly, I thought of this, and I was like, "oh god, not again..."

argentina govt bad at planning? you don't say!

there is a lot to blame though on the people. lack of civility, irresistible urge to climb things dangerously, etc. it was a parade that was 100% argentinean.

Back