Argentina's Many Problems Summarized

ElQueso

Registered
A friend of mine passed me a link to an article that sums up the basic situation in which Argentina currently finds itself. It's a long read, but well worth it. I think it hits all the major points fairly succinctly.

http://www.acting-man.com/?p=16196

Based on the opinions stated therein, Argentina seems to me to be headed into a fairly strong authoritative government, aligned with countries such as Venezuela and Cuba, and turning away from countries and regions such as the US, Brazil and Europe.

I don't know how the government will be able to continue to sustain things with some of the fairly crazy decrees it has been making lately. Maybe it's pass or fail time for Cristina, within the next year or so?

This is another link:

http://landings.igdigital.com/ad-fi...uZ1Byb21v-oE?gclid=CNa_k5WVoq8CFQmynQodXQIoYA

Very interesting for those who understand well-spoken (though rapid) Spanish, and also who read Spanish fairly quickly. It is a Spanish voice recording accompanied by Spanish text, presented by an Argentine investment company. It's very long, and it takes the guy a long time to get to the point. He repeats himself, apologizes for pissing people and the government off with what he's about to share with you and makes it seem like a hard sell for his investment services to get you through what's coming.

But finally, another guy takes over and starts walking through some things that these guys are saying point to the exact same conditions economically that hit in 1989 and 2001. According to them, they are quaking in their boots.

I am not sure if a comparison to Cuba or Venezuela is the most accurate. I think it's more like fascist Italy before WW2. Such a shame...

I wasn't comparing Argentina to Venezuela or Cuba, but saying they are aligning themselves with them, as they will be the sort of country, "renegades," that may end up being the only countries who end up trading with each other in the own "world" so to speak.

A lot of countries are pissed off at the "protectionist" policies that Argentina is enacting. I can't see how Brazil will continue to support Argentina in such things as the Falklands, which is mostly a political MercoSur support move by Brazil, as Brazil would rather have as much free trade as they can get with the US, Europe China, Japan, et al, than be dragged down by the same sort of economics Argentina is trying to enact. Support of things like the Falklands must wear thin on Brazil as they watch Argentina shun their products with import restrictions and export taxes.

Back