Argentine bank charges

Davidglen77 said:
When I had my store, my buisness account charges were as follows:
(Banco Patagonia)
Monthly maintenance fee $155 pesos + IVA
E-Mail monthly statement $15 pesos + IVA
Jeez, and I think it harsh my Danish bank charges me 35 centavos for each withdrawal + an additional 2% for withdrawals in foreign currency! (no other fees).

I second Citibank - be sure to use the ATM's without the "Bancelo" label to withdraw more than 1000 pesos. I use Bank of America and also have an HSBC account, but I prefer to withdraw at Citi because I can withdraw at least 3000 pesos. I've never tried higher, but I assume you could withdraw more!

Edit: i posted this in the wrong thread, sorry!

What is an Argentine bank account essential for?
Receiving pay I suppose? Any tips on avoiding this?

They are useful for:

- skipping RapiPay or whatever it is queues
- discounts
- anything else?

But with cash you have a physical connection with the money. It´s easier to visualize and tell what´s going on.

Uruguay accounts are not doubt a lot easier. What about cashcards only. Is there a way of having cash on a card without it being exposed to bad investments?

jago25_98 said:
What is an Argentine bank account essential for?
Receiving pay I suppose? Any tips on avoiding this?

They are useful for:

- skipping RapiPay or whatever it is queues
- discounts
- anything else?

But with cash you have a physical connection with the money. It´s easier to visualize and tell what´s going on.

Uruguay accounts are not doubt a lot easier. What about cashcards only. Is there a way of having cash on a card without it being exposed to bad investments?

I have a job locally and found not having a debit card to access my salary very inconvenient...especially as I don't really like carrying a lot of cash around or keeping my salary in the house.
If you're a contracted employee, your company takes care of bank charges for you so its really not a problem. I'm a monotributista so opening, maintaining the account and paying any charges is my responsibility.
If I didn't work locally and was financing my life from foreign funds, I really wouldn't have bothered...as far as I can tell, there's absolutely no benefit to having a local account if your main source of income comes from outside argentina

Anyone know how much it costs if you want into a Santander bank branch and deposit ARS cash into a persons ARS bank account in their branch if there is a charge to deposit the cash?

Anyone know how much it costs if you want into a Santander bank branch and deposit ARS cash into a persons ARS bank account in their branch if there is a charge to deposit the cash?
If you click this link: https://www.santander.com.ar/banco/...v44+campos+texto.pdf?MOD=AJPERES&CVID=oQY1DEZ you'll open a PDF, look for "Operaciones en Caja (Todas las Cuentas)" and you'll see zero commission for any type of Peso transaction at the cashier's desk.

I thought it was a strange question, I've never been charged anything to make deposits to other people's accounts, in any bank I've gone to, so I had to look it up to be sure.

Did you just claim the prize for resurrecting the oldest zombie thread on the forum? :cool:

Last edited:
If you click this link: https://www.santander.com.ar/banco/...v44+campos+texto.pdf?MOD=AJPERES&CVID=oQY1DEZ you'll open a PDF, look for "Operaciones en Caja (Todas las Cuentas)" and you'll see zero commission for any type of Peso transaction at the cashier's desk.

I thought it was a strange question, I've never been charged anything to make deposits to other people's accounts, and any bank I've gone to, so I had to look it up to be sure.

Did you just claim the prize for resurrecting the oldest zombie thread on the forum? :cool:
Thanks!

I feel like I've been told before that if you deposit cash, you get hit by a tax because they assume you are working under the table. Could be wrong, but I'd double check before depositing your life's savings.

Back