Argentine Facturas

BAMama

Registered
Hi guys!
I go to panaderias to buy facturas fairly often .
I can usually pick them out by myself, but sometimes I struggle with the names.
This results in me having to point to pastries and just smile at the employee hoping they will get the point and pick them up for me.
So far, I've learned a good amount of names, but I would love to learn them all.
Here is my list :) Let me know which ones you can add to it!

medialuna de manteca
medialunamanteca.jpg

medialuna de grasa
medialunagrasa.jpg

churro, sometimes it comes with dulce de leche too
churron.jpg

vigilante
vigilantee.jpg

torta negra
tortanegra.jpg

bola de fraile
frailez.jpg

Definitely check out the chipá in the panaderias that have them. Not every one does, but they are gooooooooood.

Maybe we should start a thread for our favorite places to get medialunas. I have had some bbbaaaaaddd medialunas, enough so that I hesitate to ever buy them from a place that I don't already know makes good ones...

I'll start off with the recs: cafe botanico - intersection of santa fe and arabe siria, Good selection, always busy, go early, amen.

Cafe Argentina (various locations) has some of my favourite medialunas. Las Cortaderas cafe (also in various place) has really good media lunas but the coffee can be ughhhh so it's always a bit of a gamble...

Definitely check out the chipá in the panaderias that have them. Not every one does, but they are gooooooooood.

Yes, chipá is definitely one of my favorite, especially with mate! Some kind of bread with cheese i think.

chipaz.jpg

And medialunas i used to buy them in "Medialunas del abuelo".

Back