Argentine films ( The best )

perry said:
Hey, Assassination Tango wasn't a bad movie. I thought the music was pretty good. Now, if you want to see a bad movie then watch anything with Jennifer Aniston. She stinks.

I agree the music of Assination Tango was excellent and some scenes were good but overall it was completely unbelievable .

I hope someone at least liked the authentic (real) background sounds of Buenos Aires which I recorded for that film, and were not your usual stolen sounds from any street hum or bogus sources. They included native bird recordings of 30 species all recorded in and around Buenos Aires. As soon as you hear the raucous duet of a hornero, or the insistant cries of a kiskadee you might well recognise where you are on the planet. Luckily I wake up to those sounds in my garden every day.

But, my all time favourite Argentine film has to be Nueve Reinas.

perry said:
Over the last 80 years there have been incredible films made in Buenos Aires and a classic that is not well known is Apartment Zero filmed in 1988 . Its one of the best films I have seen on the city and it is in english . It perfectly catches the soul and spirit of that time

Apartment Zero is a dark, pseudo-drama in English which has little to do with life in Buenos Aires. It could have been filmed in Madrid. There is one scene, however, in which the lead character who is an Argentine who grew up abroad and speaks with an English accent gets into a taxi. The diver starts chanting, "Malivnas. Malvinas, Malvinas" and is obviously not going anywhere, just like the film (as far as depicting "real life" in Buenos Aires).

Back