Argentine Mens Brands.

PhilipDT

Registered
I want a NICE blazer for around 150 pesos, can anybody help me out.......

No no, all jokes aside, I want a new suit and since the thought of buying the same thing I could get in the states for 2/3 of the price it is here is somewhat repulsive to me, I'm looking for Industria Argentina.

Seems like every 10th person I meet is a fashion designer here so there must be some really cool small boutiques around here. Any experience from the men (or women who have men in their lives) would be great.

I'm looking for something more formal than a work suit but not black tie by any means. Something modern and young. Industria Argentina and preferably a smaller brand. Good craftsmanship and attention to detail. I want to spend US 500-700 mas o menos

Any recommendations, or should I just wait till I'm in the states?

Thanks.

Edit: oh yeah, if anybody does know where I can get a nice 150 peso blazer.....

Its probably not modern and young enough for you, but I would like to own a Brukman suit- that is the company that was featured in Naomi Klein's movie The Take, about workers taking over abandoned factories after 2000.
Brukman actually does contract work for companies like Christian Dior, so they make some stylish stuff- and, I am pretty sure, they also make some suits under their own name.

I am gonna sleuth out if I can get a Brukman suit, for socio-political reasons.

Lee said:
Everyone here is a wanna be...no one actually works for anyone. You will find that the young gen (who is not actually working) pretends to be doing something...it is a big JOKE!

They do nothing except pretend to be a designer and then do coke all night. You will see them all over Palermo if you at the "right" events / parties.

Welcome to the productive people of Argentina! HAHA

You have obviously never been in a "recovered factory." Clothing, wood products, printing houses run by workers can be and often are very productive. And the workers are as hard working as you will find anywhere; some literally had to fight for the right to work in workplaces closed by owners who owed workers back wages.

Ries said:
Its probably not modern and young enough for you, but I would like to own a Brukman suit- that is the company that was featured in Naomi Klein's movie The Take, about workers taking over abandoned factories after 2000.
Brukman actually does contract work for companies like Christian Dior, so they make some stylish stuff- and, I am pretty sure, they also make some suits under their own name.

Wow Thanks! I've walked past that building many times and I never knew the story. That's really cool.

My husband bought nice clothes and not expensive at Barraca´s outlet on Herrera st, you can look at google, brands are Christian Dior, La Martina, Cardon, Legacy, Sta Fe Polo Club, there are suits, and casual. He bought a suit for the office 80% wool for 700 pesos and is at a central neighborhood I really recommend it
regards
Reina

Ries said:

Hi Ries,

Please let me know if you have any luck :)

Thanks,
Puwen

You can get Bespoke suits (and shirts) here,
The price, will probably be more than U$D 600
As for a modern design, you might have to know a little bit about what you want, most styles are more conservative.
As for quality, hmmm for me it was hard to justify the money for the quality.
Depending on the fabric, you will have fewer options for nicer fabric.

I'm looking for something more formal than a work suit but not black tie by any means. Something modern and young. Industria Argentina and preferably a smaller brand. Good craftsmanship and attention to detail. I want to spend US 500-700 mas o menos

Back