Argentine mobile phone question

ivan

Registered
Hi all,

I live in Baires, and now need to be callable from Europe (basically so that my ex can speak to our children, who are now living here with me).

I don't want to give her my landline so I was thinking of buying a pay-as-you-go mobile phone ; however from what I understand, you typically pay charges on incoming international calls (in this case coming from Europe).

Can any of you recommend a celular network / contract , or maybe a different option ?

thanks !

Have you tried Skype? If you have a computer and internet at home you can install it for free and make free calls and video calls. If she does not have access to a computer, you can also buy a phone number from any of several european countries and she can then call you at that number and it will ring on your computer. https://support.skype.com/en-us/search?q=online+number

If you have a smartphone, you can also install Skype on it as well.

ivan said:
Hi all,

I live in Baires, and now need to be callable from Europe (basically so that my ex can speak to our children, who are now living here with me).

I don't want to give her my landline so I was thinking of buying a pay-as-you-go mobile phone ; however from what I understand, you typically pay charges on incoming international calls (in this case coming from Europe).

Can any of you recommend a celular network / contract , or maybe a different option ?

thanks !

I have Movistar with tarjeta, no long term contract at all. I used to be charged with incoming International calls but like a year ago they just stopped charging me and now I don't pay any extras at all

I would recommend not using a phone with Personal. My girlfriend had them and blocked 90% of my calls from the US. No clue why, but they did.

Back