Argentine Moto License

tod

Registered
Hi All,

If any of you has gotten a moto license since July 2014, when they implemented the new practical test, while already posessing an Argentina auto license, maybe you could take a moment and clarify something for me about the steps.

I am trying to be in the process of getting my moto license Clase A2.1 (motos hastas 150cc).
Several years ago, I went out to La Roca, took the class, passed the tests and got my Argentine license for driving an automobile, Clase B1.

I have read all there is on the subject of moto licensure at buenosaires.gob.ar several times and have emailed for clarification and asked the 2 Argentines I know with motos. The Argentine answer is, "No, es facil, no te preocupes." This answer hasn't been that helpful.

I am stuck at one point when making my turno. (I did actually make a turno, but there is a chance I choose the incorrect option.) I must select one of three options: una renovación, una ampliación o otorgamiento por primera vez.

I can see why any of the 3 I must select from is the one I should select, but I don't know which one the licensure place thinks is correct.

I know that I have to do a practical test. I am unclear if there is a different written test for moto than for cars and if the class and charla de renovación is the same for motos and cars.

Thanks for your time. :)
  • Si ya tengo licencia de conducir Clase B1 (autos particulares) y quiero obtener también Clase A2.1 (motos hasta 150cc), ¿saco un turno para hacer cuáles de estes tres: una renovación, una ampliación, o una otorgamiento de primera vez?
  • Además, ¿hay que hacer el clase que se dictan de dos días o nada más que la charla de renovación o ningúno de los dos desde ya tengo registro B1?
  • ¿Hay que hacer el examen teórico (desde ya tengo clase B1)?
​Saludos y muchas gracias!

When I wanted to change my D1 license for a professional license I chose the option "ampliación". I wasn't sure if I had to take the required two day charla or not. I just showed up on the day of my appointment with the libre de infracciones and they told me which days I would have to go to the charla, then I had to take the physical, psychological and theoretic exam. I'm not sure of it's the same for a motorcycle license but they're pretty much requiring that everyone do the charla de renovación every year.

Reactions: tod
Thank you so much for that nugget. By chance, I made my turno for ampliación, since that made the most sense to me, and didn't require a trip out to Roca. Hopefully if I go prepared, things will fall into place.

I renewed my car license last November in Olivos and when I went to finalise the paperwork with the young lady in the office, I asked her to add motorbikes to the license for the first time.
She was very helpful and of course I was putting on my best innocent puppy dog act as I had been riding without that endorsement for about four years.
I handed her my UK paper and card licenses, which she glimpsed at and didn't photocopy surprisingly and added A 2.2 up to 300cc on her computer. After two years, I can then ride any size bike.
I was in and out in 30 minutes, but that could be different in Cap Fed as we all know.

Hopefully like you Gringoboy, I'll end up with a kind soul the day I go in and however I may have messed up getting there, they will help me sort it out.

I have a class CM1 issued in California US o A and a Japanese ones and the Motorcycle category saz a Big Bore? or large one?

So in order to perhaps getting an Argentinean one/exchanged for one, which category Auto + Moto do I have to be applying for?
I reckon, once possesing a Japanese DL+Moto, i can just request to be exchanged for an Argentinean ones, so been told by Consulate.
But if showing the US issued ones then a _No Go_for an automatic exchange ?

The Moto licenses (Class A license) here are differenciated by cc's

CLASE A Ciclomotores, motocicletas y triciclos motorizados.
Se divide en: Clase A.1 (ciclomotores de hasta 50 cc.); A.2.1 (ciclomotores, motocicletas de hasta 150 cc. Triciclos motorizados); A.2.2 (ciclomotores, motocicletas de hasta 300 cc. Triciclos motorizados) y A.3 (Motocicletas de más de 300cc.)​

Also, I received a reply this afternoon from my scooter teacher and he said,

"Tenes q rendir teorico de moto pero no las charlas ni de renovacion, presentando registro de auto ya es valido iniciar ampliación."​

I bet you're right. It would probably be easier just to move. I'm only 20 blocks from Prov. anyway. Ugh, these pretzels are making me thirsty.

I have to say and it's a bit of a confession, I've got away with stuff here that would never have washed in the UK if the roles had been reversed;in a motoring way, that is.
Been stopped loads of times on the bike, but somehow managed to blag my way through each time.

Back