Argentine Navy And Air Force Get Into Argument - Ship Sinks

GS_Dirtboy

Registered
The Head of the Navy (River fanatic) and the Head of the Air Force (Boca fanatic) got into a heated argument last week in front of the Ministry of Defense and needed to be separated by bystanders. The Boca fan later boarded a Navy vessel under cover of darkness and pulled the drain plug.

Clever cover story here.

Have a nice day.

GS

Go River.

Could be worse

frenchboat_holed.gif

That's what happens if sailors try to fly

It didnt really sink, its not even fully capsized. Its just kinda listing a bit.
Plus, after it happened, the Secretary of the Navy said to the press that the Argentine Navy is "adequately prepared" to go to sea.

It didnt really sink, its not even fully capsized. Its just kinda listing a bit.
Plus, after it happened, the Secretary of the Navy said to the press that the Argentine Navy is "adequately prepared" to go to sea.

I don't there is a naval term for the position this boat is in. What's the naval term for laying on its side? Boats usually float, capsize or sink. This one just fell over.

I don't there is a naval term for the position this boat is in. What's the naval term for laying on its side? Boats usually float, capsize or sink. This one just fell over.

Know as "On 'yer ear'ole"

tumblr_maq7qgFhhX1qjxmdio1_500.jpg

For some this is the only acceptable form of sailing

11139%7C000001504%7C7f9a_Hugo-Boss-keel-walk.jpg

Browsing through a past copy of Deep Sea News - (page 3 is always good) I am reminded of the exp<b></b>ression "on your beam end"

http://deepseanews.c...your-beam-ends/

Definition: Hard-up – in a bad situation.
Origin: The beams are the horizontal transverse timbers of ships. This nautical phrase came about with the allusion to the danger of imminent capsize if the beam ends were touching the water. This dates back to the 18th century and is cited in a 1773 issue of The Gentleman’s Magazine:
“The gust laid her upon her beam-ends.”
The figurative use came soon afterwards, in 1830 Captain Marryat’s The King’s Own, 1830:
“Our first-lieutenant was..on his beam-ends, with the rheumatiz.”

Capt Marryat was the inspiration for all the subsequent genre through to Master and Commander

I thought is was "the first lieuenant was .. on his beam's-end, with the brandy" - a more frequent problem until the introduction of gin into the service that is

Slightly more energetic this is how the Hugo Boss Advert was made - Extreme Beam Sailing

... otherwise known as "doing the keel walk"

Back