Argentine Peso Predictions

perry

Registered
The Argentine Peso has strengthened 5 percent in the last 6 weeks and seems to be reaching the critical 3 peso to the dollar mark. I like to hear from the members here what are their predictions about the currency and where it will end up or down.
Lets have an informal survey here .
I vote that the Argentine Peso will strengthen.

If you get a different government with common sense economic policies the peso could appreciate. With the current government and it's policies the peso can't do anything but weaken.

"pericles" said:
The Argentine Peso has strengthened 5 percent in the last 6 weeks and seems to be reaching the critical 3 peso to the dollar mark.[/b

"Strengthening" against the ever-weaker dollar hardly counts. What about peso-euro rates?

Perhaps an even more relevant, better comparison of the Ar. Peso with another "currency" would be to compare it to the price of gold. Anyone done that?
Or, even with the price of tomatos.

I am interested to know what will happen to the peso if Argentina gets back into hyperinflation, which unfortunately looks like it could be a reality with president Christina that won't accept that inflation has now hit a huge 25% a year, but saying that it's only at 8%. Also, if inflation continues like this, at what point will tourism in Argentina start to drop?

At 25% inflation, Argentina is already hyperinflating. I think it's going much much higher. Not only here, but globally. BsAs real estate sales are down by 50%, according to my RE agent. I would not be surprised if tourism is down, especially from the USA. Anybody know better?

"Baires" said:
At 25% inflation, Argentina is already hyperinflating. I think it's going much much higher. Not only here, but globally. BsAs real estate sales are down by 50%, according to my RE agent. I would not be surprised if tourism is down, especially from the USA. Anybody know better?
Tourism in Bariloche appears to be still booming as best I can tell.

Back