Argentine Race/culture Vs. Spanish And Italian Race/culture

Italians from Italy are dressed in a very different way, talk much louder and are much more aggressive and arrogant. I was pleasantly surprised by white Argentinians politeness. Every time I had visita and we were taking public transportation I was so ashamed by my company literally screaming carelessly, despite people staring at them. I didn't say anything because I didn't want to offend, but I was hoping they noticed I wasn't speaking so loud. Italians on Italy complains of Africans literally screaming to each other.

On another account, I notice the most rude argentinians are usually darker skinned low income people. It's not the color of their skin that makes them rude, they are just the poorest and most uneducated ones.

"Whiteness" is subjective. There's people that don't believe Italian or Spanish is really "white" which is why I always felt okay with checking off the "Hispanic" box even though my mother is from Spain and my father is some Northern European mix.

There are plenty of blue-eyed, fair skinned Argentines. Not the majority, this obviously isn't Sweden, but there is a lot of German ancestry. Many people have "indigenous" blood and are darker skinned, which is pretty natural considering the native population. In contrast few Americans have any Native American blood at all. Some of the darker skinned people here may be recent immigrants from Paraguay, Bolivia, or Peru which tend to be a little more tan as well.

I find that there's a bit of an obsession here with appearing European although it's not so much to do with skin color. A lot of fake blondes and obsession over light colored eyes.... but they do still like to tan at the beach. I guess that's more of a class thing... being able to afford tropical vacations and having a tan.

Americans never stand out to me because of the color of their skin... they stand out because they wear shorts and flipflops and University tshirts... during winter. :p Also the accent. And the height. And maybe the weight. ;)

Italians from Italy are dressed in a very different way, talk much louder and are much more aggressive and arrogant. I was pleasantly surprised by white Argentinians politeness. Every time I had visita and we were taking public transportation I was so ashamed by my company literally screaming carelessly, despite people staring at them. I didn't say anything because I didn't want to offend, but I was hoping they noticed I wasn't speaking so loud. Italians on Italy complains of Africans literally screaming to each other.

On another account, I notice the most rude argentinians are usually darker skinned low income people. It's not the color of their skin that makes them rude, they are just the poorest and most uneducated ones.

Love Serafina's comments she states what most people avoid fearing to be politically incorrect

This PC thing is fairly ambiguous. In my trips, the only people who laughed at me and said "Mafia!" In response to the question "where are you from?" were from the US.

Will do, our next race is the Mint 400. What series do you usually run?

Jason

Someone in another online forum, a white American (originally from Ohio) who has lived in Argentina for 3 years and has gone all over the country as well as in many other Latin countries, has pointed out that a white person from North America or Europe would stand out in Argentina, such that Argentines are racially a little different from many other whites (even those from Spain or Italy) in spite of being mostly of Spanish or Italian descent. He's pointed out that even in Buenos Aires and the Pampas (which received by far the most European immigrants at the turn of the 20th century), let alone the interior, there's much more American Indian ancestry and culture than, say, in the mainstream American (USA) population. To the point that in his opinion and experience, Argentine culture is somewhere between Southern European culture and that of the rest of Latin America. To the point that he considers Argentines (even around the Plate) to be Latino and not exactly white, whereas people in Spain and Italy are white, and to the point that Argentina (even BsAs and the Pampas) feels more like Mexico or Colombia than like Spain or Italy. (He does admit that he has very limited experience of Spain and Italy, having only gone there as a tourist.)

What's the take of any of you on that? Can such differences between Argentine and Italian/Spanish cultures (which are not in Argentina's favour, despite southern Italy's own reputation as a hotbed of mafia and pickpocketing activity) in part explain the seriousness of the crime epidemic currently gripping Argentina?

Right, i guess you where reading at the whiteraceissuperior.org....

Of course that Peronism is the main culprit of this country's slide back in relation to its similar countries. But this party is nothing but a faithful representation of our people's theft mentality. Any political party here needs to preach some for of "redistribution of wealth", in one form or another; if it wants to have a chance of wining. Unfortunately, any wealth transfered ends up in the new president's bank account (offshore, of course)

With all my respect, Mr. Macri is not peronist and does not distribute the wealth among the poor, instead among the rich abd he has who knows how many off shore accounts.

I was reading about eugenesic a lot because during the peronist regime they created the instituto etnico nacional and they published their studies about eugenesic.

Most of the Spaniard ancestors are sefaradies that means jewish converted (by force).

There is a pro government journalist that is very racist and he published an article where he described how surprised / shock he was when he applied for the Spaniard citizenship and he realized he is sefaradi. Jajajajajajaja.

I was reading about eugenesic a lot because during the peronist regime they created the instituto etnico nacional and they published their studies about eugenesic.

Most of the Spaniard ancestors are sefaradies that means jewish converted (by force).

There is a pro government journalist that is very racist and he published an article where he described how surprised / shock he was when he applied for the Spaniard citizenship and he realized he is sefaradi. Jajajajajajaja.

Most of the Columbus Crew members were Sefardies, on the Santa Maria, La Pinta y La Niña :cool: So its not unusual to find out you are Sephardic --!

Italians from Italy are dressed in a very different way, talk much louder and are much more aggressive and arrogant.... I was pleasantly surprised by white Argentinians politeness....

Maybe thats the British influence in the 19C. We were terribly polite and civilised when we weren't subjugating and anihilating people around the globe.

Back