Argentine salary scale

slyie

Registered
Hey all,
I have been offered a job with a foreign company in Bs As and I am wondering if anybody can give me a rough idea of salary scales here. The job would involve receptionist work, administration of assets of company. Fluent English and Spanish a requirement. Full-time, Monday to Friday. Any ideas what is being offered at the moment?

slyie said:
Hey all,
I have been offered a job with a foreign company in Bs As and I am wondering if anybody can give me a rough idea of salary scales here. The job would involve receptionist work, administration of assets of company. Fluent English and Spanish a requirement. Full-time, Monday to Friday. Any ideas what is being offered at the moment?

First of all congratulations - hopefully with it being a foreign company it has the assets to help it navigate through the choppy waters that this and next year will surely see. I'd say your position will warrant a mimimum of 3000 pesos a month (net) but could be up to 4000 also and should include healthcare and aguinaldo as basics..and may also have others such as gym etc...but to be honest it's a crazy market where one company may be paying 2000 for the same job another is offering 4000..there's little rational applied other than ask for as much as you can get.

I make 7500 pesos a month. But that's a lot more than a receptionist would make I guess. BA is really expensive right now. You'd really want to work in a niche to make money here. If not you'd be competing with all Argentines.

And if you are American, things are not going to change for the better anytime soon.

God speed...

I'm sure you will find useful information in this thread:
subscribed.gif
Job Offer in Buenos Aires (especially regarding cost of living in BA). Look at the advice this recent college graduate was given about living on $4150 pesos a month. At that pay level he would not be able to live alone in even the smallest studio apartment and have a decent life in BA.

It sounds like you would have much greater responsibilities than a "normal" receptionist if you also are responsible fort the administration of assets of company.

If a foreign company isn't willing to pay a foreigner more than a local (two or three times the figures other members have posted in this thread) they are not worthy of serious consideration.

Good luck!

I believe that anything less than 9000 pesos a month in Buenos Aires and you be living rough. The truth of the matter is that life in the city is dear and by my calculations by 2013 Buenos Aires could be the most expensive city in the world.

Too many people are not familiar with our history but twice in the last century Buenos Aires was the most dearest city to live in the world. As Argentinian society is based on speculation this will come to pass again.

perry said:
I believe that anything less than 9000 pesos a month in Buenos Aires and you be living rough.

Concerning the question of salary scales I would imagine that "roughly" 80% of porteños earn less than that, probably much less. But allowances and expenses for expats are always higher than for the locals, especially if you want your own place, private health insurance, premium foods etc.

Locals receive about 3000 per month for that sort of work. Considering it's a foreign company, perhaps a bit more but not much more really.
Lots of college graduates don't get $4000 per month and the ones who do, have stressful jobs or don't have benefits or work far from the city, or have to have years of experience so on and so forth. People can live with 2000 or 2500 per month living with their parents, friends, partners, etc. It's not IMPOSSIBLE, it's just HARD.

Back