Argentine things you've been converted to....

Celia

Registered
I used to hate the cheap grey loo paper here, I'd moan about it to all my friends back home and only bought the best Scott stuff with the dog on it. But I've experienced an epiphanic conversion in the last 4 years and now I love it. I buy the cheapest brand Sol Rojo (3.50 for 6). It's also great for papier mache!

Celia said:
I used to hate the cheap grey loo paper here, I'd moan about it to all my friends back home and only bought the best Scott stuff with the dog on it. But I've experienced an epiphanic conversion in the last 4 years and now I love it. I buy the cheapest brand Sol Rojo (3.50 for 6). It's also great for papier mache!
we go to Makro.buy in bulk,so much cheaper:)

Celia said:

I can't really say that I love it, but I don't care too much as I don't have to eat it :) On the other hand, today I played the cheap card and bought some low-fat milk and yogurts in EKIS: absolutely disgusting stuff!
:D

I like the drain on bath room and kitchen floors. WHY can't American architects include this in their designs? Seems such a simple but important feature.

I like all the doors in apartments. At first it seemed a bit much to me. One door seems sufficient for each room, but on the hot days with all the doors open in our apartment, you don't even need the a.c.

sergio said:
I like the drain on bath room and kitchen floors. WHY can't American architects include this in their designs? Seems such a simple but important feature.

In my previous flat, when I was hand washing some stuff in the bathroom sink, the foam was popping out thru the drain on the bathroom floor, when I was doing the washing up in the kitchen sink the water and foam would come up thru the drain on the kitchen floor. In my new flat (brand new place, rented thru a friend) the disgusting smell coming out of the drain on the kitchen floor makes me puke sometimes. I don't really see the point of having a desagüe on the kitchen floor!

I really like the crackers here. Granix sesamo for example. I never ate crackers much before....also the snacky stuff like twistos, kesitas and the cholesterol laden palitos.

Uncle Dermot said:
In my previous flat, when I was hand washing some stuff in the bathroom sink, the foam was popping out thru the drain on the bathroom floor, when I was doing the washing up in the kitchen sink the water and foam would come up thru the drain on the kitchen floor. In my new flat (brand new place, rented thru a friend) the disgusting smell coming out of the drain on the kitchen floor makes me puke sometimes. I don't really see the point of having a desagüe on the kitchen floor!

The trick to the smells or foam from the floor drain is to mop the floors and use the thing or pour a half liter of water down it “PRN” (when necessary ).
You have no water in the “p” trap under the floor drain.
The sewage air vent on the building roof is plugged or nonexistent.
I vote “floor drains” are a good thing, one overflowed sink does not ruin every apartment under it.

Gray toilet paper, I don't know, I guess it would be OK if it was two sided.

Celia said:

Loo paper, is that a common word for TP?

Anyways, if it's grey, it's bound to be beter for the environment.

Mate and Fernet and Coke are my favortie Argentine "inventions".

Back