Argentine Tv

johnw100

Registered
Hey all,

I`m trying to get more into watching Argentine TV to improve my spanish, but apart from gossip shows that spend most of the time talking about breast implants and who`s shagging who, and local news and general crap i`m struggling to find much of interest.
I dont have too much time for films, but quite like documentaries. Is there a website that has the listings that anyone knows of? We have cablevision and cant find anything on their website that resembles a listings page. And subtitles is always a bonus.
Thanks

Hi,

General TV in Argentina is just bad. You can watch Canal Encuentro, the only one worth watching nowdays.

Cheers!

I was going to write this, but you wrote it first. You have some good tv late at night in TV publica, or Encuentro. Canal a is also good.

Argentine TV is quite poor overall. However, you might want to watch one show and follow it through...the best way to improve your SPAN skills

ok thanks for the suggestions, but any decent listings websites? We get a magazine with listings once a month but its like living 20 years ago trying to find something to decent to watch.

For news: Saturdays at 11am on Canal 7 "cientificos argentinos" (think that is the name) is a news show about science, very good, maybe a bit technical if you are learning.
I am also a big fan of "cuestion de peso" on 13, it is like the biggest looser but more scandals, lots of fat people crying (if you are into that).

The encuentros website has documentaries on Argentine history. You can also get the shows with subtitles in Spanish (so you're listening and Spanish and reading in Spanish at the same time which is great if you're learning Spanish.

http://www.encuentro.gov.ar/sitios/encuentro/programas/ver?rec_id=50001

I believe only the first part of this series (at the bottom of the page) has the subtitles. The others don't. You have to turn on close captioning.

I think canal de la ciudad is very good although often there are so many reruns! you can improve your language skills, hear true rioplatense spanish and learn about especially buenos aires

If Im not wrong most of tvs have today the subtitle function. And you can choose your language!!

Back