Argentine Version Of Amazon.com?

Junkyardslug

Registered
Greetings all, I have a friend who will be spending a month or so in BA for some surgery. I was thinking of mailing her a Teddy Bear as a comfort for recovery but after reading up on the boards here I realize it would never make it to her.

Is there an in-country version of Amazon that I could order a teddy bear (or similar stuffed animal) from and just have it delivered to the apartment she will be recovering in? Or would I have to find a toy store in Argentina that mail orders? If so any recommendations?

Thanks all
JYS

Aww, thanks Argsteve!

Being in the US it's surprisingly hard to find Stores that are based in Argentina; or at least my Google-fu is failing me in this instance

in-country version of Amazon:
la_salada.jpg

I also learnt to recognize the in-country version of self check-out
saqueo.jpg

www.mercadolibre.com.ar (Disclaimer -- I work for MercadoLibre ;-)

However, your main issue will be regarding payment as MercadoLibre (and all other retailers such as Fallabella, Garbarino, Mundo del Juguete, Apio Verde) mainly if not solely, accept local credit cards (and other local payment methods). There are 2 ways to deal with this:
1) Find someone who lives in Argentina to do the purchase for you and you send the money to that person by some other means (bank transfer)
2) On the off chance, you can ask the item seller at MercadoLibre if they can deal with bank transfers internationally (they'd have to have a bank account abroad) and you pay them there directly. This is a very slim chance and is also not very secure as you are not going through the MercadoLibre system (which monitors things like fraud and serves as escrow, etc.)

If you want to explore #1, feel free to PM and maybe I can help you.

Greetings all, I have a friend who will be spending a month or so in BA for some surgery. I was thinking of mailing her a Teddy Bear as a comfort for recovery but after reading up on the boards here I realize it would never make it to her.

Is there an in-country version of Amazon that I could order a teddy bear (or similar stuffed animal) from and just have it delivered to the apartment she will be recovering in? Or would I have to find a toy store in Argentina that mail orders? If so any recommendations?

Thanks all
JYS

Try this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CnTS39cL50

where is she hospitalized by the way? A teddy bear doesn't cost too much and it's not so incredibly difficult to have it delivered at some clinic in downtown B.A. Instead of a wire transfer or a whole thread maybe some of us (perhaps even me when I'm back sober) can volunteer to do so? Karma points and such

Back