What year was the Malbec you enjoyed by Achaval Ferrer?Ailujjj said:Looking forward to doing a BA wine tour & tasting at both places mentionned Went on a wine tour in Recoletta held in various design boutiques/galleries and it was absolutely incredible!
My last trip we handpicked (and reserved) our winery visits in Mendoza and while we tried many exceptional wines, the ones that stood out the most were at Achaval Ferrer. Completely impressive operation and attention to detail & quality. Artisanal nature is reflected in a higher price but certainly worth it, in my opinion. Excellent and educational tour that went beyond the basics of the general process of winemaking.
Their malbec was (at the time) one of (maybe the only) few Argentine malbecs which were in fact 100% malbec grape. To be designated malbec, 85% must be malbec but the remaining 15% is often grapes such as Cabernet Sauvignon or Cabernet Franc. Their dessert wine - dolce - was out of this world although at that time, very limited in production and only sold on-site. If you can find some - try it!