Arrive Mid Jan from UK!

go to User CP,Edit options,Private messages,enable private messages......

Hi Stacey.

You should click on "USER CP" on the upper side of this window.
Then it will show a new menu on the left ("Your Control Panel"), with grouped options:

The 8th item is:" Edit Options"

It will show 2 frames

*Login & Privacy
*Messaging & Notification

In the lastone you shound activate/tick/click the

Enable Private Messaging checkbox

good luck!

sarl1 said:
Hi Howard

How do you activate the private messaging tool? I´ve looked through the user CP but can´t see it??? Perhaps I´m just being dumb!!

Thanks a lot
Stacey

plucy said:
1.I'm thinking of renting an apartment/ room for a month in order to have a proper base - any ideas of where to look for temporary rents/ room rents?

Have a look here: http://www.argenprop.com/

2. For a newcomer, which areas of the city are the best ones to stick to intially- for good access to main areas, safety, entertainment, public transport etc

If I were you, I'd go for Recoleta-Palermo-Belgrano. Those are good choices for a newcomer and got all you are asking for.

3. Recommendations for Spanish courses..

I'll let the expats answer this one. They sure know that issue better than me! :)

Thanks for any help you can offer me, looking forward to arriving.

Lucy

I hope you have a great time here! :)

Hey Lucy, i just got here from London 2 days ago and would be more than excited to meet up with a fellow English girl! I too am not entirely sure of my next life plan after quitting my job/house/life in the UK but a city in the sunshine seemed a good place to start! I am living in Recoleta and from Monday will be studying with Expanish in Microcentre (if you sign up for classes with them they can arrange accomodation in a shared flat...not sure if this is the best option so i will refrain from giving advice but it is what i have done!) . I am studying there for 3 months and hope to get a job afterwards so please do email me and i would love to go for drinks together! [email protected]. Have a safe trip! :)

Used to live in Hastings down the coast from you.have a spare room you would be welcome to use till get sorted in BA but i live about an hour by bus from the metropolis.suerte.

Hi Lucy,
I've also just quit my job and am moving to BA in a couple of weeks... with a very similar approach to yours! I'm thinking of heading to the beaches for the first few weeks to enjoy some summer sun and relax then back to BA to find a job. I'm planning on staying 6 months but if it goes well maybe longer... Would love to meet up for a coffee when I'm there. Where in North Wales are you from? I'm from South Wales!

Good luck and maybe see you there in a few weeks!
Sara

Back