Asado near Centro?

erocifeller

Registered
A family friend of a friend is here and I have been delegated to take them out for dinner this evening (for some raisin).

My idea of dinner-out would typically be an asado/chino tenador libre for a max of 30 pesos (yeah I am living in luxury!), but perhaps this is not the best choice for the guest whose only meal will be this one night out in Buenos Aires!

I checked into Siga la Vaca, the uber touristy asado in Puerto Madero, but they are about 89 pesos right now, a little too rich for my blood.

I need something between the 29 peso tenedor libre I go to and the 89 peso uber touristy asado.

It has to be close (as this is his only meal) and he is on crutches and cannot go far in a cab (due to his leg ... thus the only night out here before being sent back home).

Cool beans! THANKS MIL GRACIAS :cool:

I don't know how far is too far, but there is a place named Angie's somewhere near San Isidro. Last time I went, it was right in your price range-and the food was awesome. It's an asado place . . . .

El trapiche, on Paraguay and Humboldt Street, Palermo Hollywood. It is an unfashionable restaurant, with HUGE dishes, you will have to share. Enjoy your meal.

It is located two blocks from Avenida Juan B Justo and two blocks from Av Santa Fe.

There's a great neighborhood restaurant called Parrilla Pena on Rodriguez Pena and Tucuman. It is not tourist-oriented, and draws a lot of local families -- the food is excellent, it has a good wine list, and the portions are definitely meant to be shared. I think it's a good bet if you want a high-quality meal without the trendiness of a Palermo/Puerto Madero parrilla.

Parrilla Pena ended up being my favorite parrilla by the end of my stay in Buenos Aires. I preferred it to La Cabrera, Don Julio, El Trapiche, La Brigada, El Desnivel and others. The tira de asado was great, and it was there that I had the best bife de lomo I'd eaten in BA.

1. http://guiaoleo.com.ar/list.php El Espanol is 2nd highest rated parrillado in Congresso. You can eat well cheaply. The cabbies and police eat here.

2. Restaurant Bar Norte on Talcuahano next door to El Cuartito between Marcelo T and Paraguay (my favorite restaurant in BA on a cost benefit basis). You can eat very well cheaply. Try the matambre de cerdo al vedeo or lomo marsala, each about 35 pesos and each enough for 2 light eaters. I don't usually publicly tout Bar Norte (it's below the radar and not on guiaoleo) as I don't want to ruin it, but you've tugged at my heartstrings.

2. http://guiaoleo.com.ar/detail.php?ID=262 I have never eaten here, but it is Derrick Foster's 2nd favorite parrillado (after La Cabrera) and is closest to Centro if it hasn't relocated. (call ahead to make sure the address is correct - guiaoleo indicates a change of some kind).

Thanks everyone! I went to one of the above listed parrillas but I will not name it due to favouritism!! Best online Bs As community ever!

I'm sorry guy, but Parrilla Pena has hit the skids in the last year. The last time we went there were bugs on the wall (if you know what i mean). I will never ever go back there again. And non touristy? Not so much.....

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Expat Life 4
E Expat Life 0
U Expat Life 10
Pensador Newcomers Forum 3
Gringoboy Expat Events 22
Back