Asian supermarket?

rosie_scam

Registered
I'm on the hunt for an asian supermarket - Indian, Chinese, South-East Asian...the usual supermarkets here seem quite limited! I'm in San Telmo so that area would be great, although am interested in others too!
Thanks.

You will find almost everything you need in the stores near the train station in Belgrano.

Yes that area is called barrio china...if you take the D subte line to Jose Hernandez and walk towards the train tracks. Also, I have a list of all the Indian resturants in town, I can tell you that Tandoor is the best! Laprida 1293, the best time to go is Lunch, they are completely empty and all the entres are half price, the only problem is no naan at lunch.

Adrienne said:
Yes that area is called barrio china...if you take the D subte line to Jose Hernandez and walk towards the train tracks. Also, I have a list of all the Indian resturants in town, I can tell you that Tandoor is the best! Laprida 1293, the best time to go is Lunch, they are completely empty and all the entres are half price, the only problem is no naan at lunch.

Actually, a more direct route to barrio chino is to get off Linea D at Juramento and walk (descending street numbers) to the train tracks. Barrio Chino begins to the left just after you cross the tracks (Estacion Belgrano will be to the right, but it's usually obscured by many busses).

If you get off at Jose Hernandez it might be a bit more difficult to find Barrio Chino on the first try, even when you do find the tracks (trust me).

Juranmento the best route, or take the train from retiro to belgrano, sets you down next to chinatown. Plenty of supermarkets about, everything asian you could want plus an excellent place to buy freshish seafood and fish.

Back