At EZE, with my DNI, am I not allowed to exit with the machines at Migraciones for Argentinians?

I meant upon arrival at EZE. Last time I arrived, they didn’t have the machines set up yet, and they let me pass through the line for Argentinos instead of tourists using just my DNI. I asked this time and they told me I can’t go through the line for Argentinians anymore to get out.

I meant upon arrival at EZE. Last time I arrived, they didn’t have the machines set up yet, and they let me pass through the line for Argentinos instead of tourists using just my DNI. I asked this time and they told me I can’t go through the line for Argentinians anymore to get out.

I was told by an immigration agent that residents can't use the machines....! Only Argentinians.

I tried using the machines recently when flying back from Brazil, it won't let you. I did use the Argentine line as I'm not a tourist and nobody said anything.

So are there two options for citizens: a live official or the machine?
\

So are there two options for citizens: a live official or the machine?
\
Exactly.

Tourists (actual person in the box)
Citizens (person in the box)
E-gate (automated with a control guy)

In their defense I think they're training people to use the e-gate since it's new. There was a guy there asking people if they are Argentine citizens and telling them they can use the e-gate.

Isn't it easier to deal with agents, etc as a tourist and lines are shorter? Now that they are going to control how many pieces of luggage citizens carry when leaving and that it should match their record when returning, I wish I could use a diff line ;)

Isn't it easier to deal with agents, etc as a tourist and lines are shorter? Now that they are going to control how many pieces of luggage citizens carry when leaving and that it should match their record when returning, I wish I could use a diff line ;)
Sorry can you explain the satement about luggage?

Back