ATM Citi Bank Florida gives problems

Maxba

Registered
I would like to warn everyone about the the ATM machine at the CITI bank (head office) at Florida street. Last week I needed to take out several times the 300 peso maximum with my foreign debit card.

While the machine was making the noice to sort out the different notes it stucked and reseted itself. After me came another person which als wasn't able to take money out. When later i checked my account balance the money was charged although i never received it. Next day I went to the office and the told me they would check it. After another day I needed to go there again to ask (they off course never call you or answer the phone) and they told me the machine didn't have a 300 plus so I could make a reclaim by my onw bank but they would for sure not pay it back. The camera pictures they will only use with a legal order they said after I asked them to check it. This has already cost me half a day so the amount of money won't justify the efforts to start a case. The reason why I post it is that the two times I have been there every time there were other people complaining who had encountered porblems with the same ATM machine. f.e. An american girl her card got taken and blocked....The ATM i'm talking about is the one most on your left when you enter the bank ...

Thanks, Max for the head's up. That bank is very close to where I live, so it's good to know. All the more reason to go the American Express route I guess.

MM yeah, I always used European bankcards here and untill so far no problems. What I do see that between 15.00 and 15.30 lot's of ATM's are getting refilled, which could couse a sudden "out of order screen". while you are just finishing your withdrawl and this might cause problems too...

I regularly use the ATM at a Citibank on Independencia and have had no problem withdrawing 600 pesos in one transaction. I suggest you try it the next time.

i managed to withdraw 1000 from the citibank on santafe the other day

If you are a tourist it's better to cash checks at American Express. No machines involved and Amex is a more responsible company.

Maxba said:
I would like to warn everyone about the the ATM machine at the CITI bank (head office) at Florida street. Last week I needed to take out several times the 300 peso maximum with my foreign debit card.

While the machine was making the noice to sort out the different notes it stucked and reseted itself. After me came another person which als wasn't able to take money out. When later i checked my account balance the money was charged although i never received it. Next day I went to the office and the told me they would check it. After another day I needed to go there again to ask (they off course never call you or answer the phone) and they told me the machine didn't have a 300 plus so I could make a reclaim by my onw bank but they would for sure not pay it back. The camera pictures they will only use with a legal order they said after I asked them to check it. This has already cost me half a day so the amount of money won't justify the efforts to start a case. The reason why I post it is that the two times I have been there every time there were other people complaining who had encountered porblems with the same ATM machine. f.e. An american girl her card got taken and blocked....The ATM i'm talking about is the one most on your left when you enter the bank ...

I had the exact same problem in a Citibank branch in Belgrano, back in the summer of 2001 when everything started to fall apart. Th AR$ was equal to the U$S dollar. Went to that ATM, asked for u$s 500 and got a message on the display stating that there were no dollars. So, I asked for pesos, got my receipt with my balance account less u$S (Ar$) 500 but NO money in my hands. Managed myself to talk to the one in charge (manager) who was sweating like a pig, people ouside kicking the ATM's, etc. and asked for his business card and a statement (and signature) on the same card that there was a problem with their ATM's.

Called Bank of America right away, they started a claim, credited the u$s500 back into my account and 6 months later I received a letter from them stating that the problem was with Citibank Argentina. If it wasn't their problem, I would have been obliged to give them back the u$s 500.

Banks in Argentina are a horrible experience, but that's all we have. Bank of America left Argentina several years ago.

Good luck.

If you are worried about your card being eaten then use HSB bank ATM. They let you swipe do not keep the card. The only problem you have to swipe for each transaction. I usually get 600 pesos x3. I found out my bank in the US only let me take 500 US per day on my ATM. I have had not problem but did have a machine only give me 200 when I requested 300. My account did get credit for the 100 that I did not get it took about two week and was automatic from the machine. So check you Bank account in a couple of weeks.

I have just noticed that anelco machines neem to allow you to withdraw A$R750 each time, rather than the previous A$R300 limit. Done it several times so far.

RR

With a foreign Citi debit card, I've withdrawn about 3000 pesos out of the Citibank Florida St branch. I have no idea what the 300 pesos at a time fuss is all about...

Back