ATM receipts with dollar withdrawal

Sorry pal, you're completely out of luck. Tried it and it does not work.
ATM receipts do not count as 'proof of funds' for buying back dollars.

Looks like you'll just have to have champagne breakfast, lunch, and dinner before leaving here.

comicerrant1 said:
Fact of the matter is at the Citi bank on Paseo Colon, in san telmo i briefly was given the option to withdraw US dollars, to settle that issue, bak at the end of january.

All ATMs have that option - you CAN NOT withdraw dollars unless you have a US denominated account here. It has been that way since well, at least 2005. So unless you have a bank account in dollars in Argentina, the ATM didn't give you dollars. Maybe you are misremembering.

ETA - Your latter post says you have 2 receipts totally 3000 pesos, not dollars. So you took out about the peso equivalent of 650 dollars.

As for the rest, I don't know anyone that has been to change pesos back to dollars at the airport. I'd see if anyone wants to buy them from you, even if you have do almost 6 pesos to the dollar, at least you'll get some money back.

Just don't leave the country with the pesos thinking you will be able to exchange them back home; take what you can get here.

Stafford said:
Sorry pal, you're completely out of luck. Tried it and it does not work.
ATM receipts do not count as 'proof of funds' for buying back dollars.

Looks like you'll just have to have champagne breakfast, lunch, and dinner before leaving here.

Spend the pesos here. I agree, live it up here in Buenos Aires your last few days. Imagine you have a store credit with Argentina for $4000 pesos. If you want to transfer that store credit to different store (i.e. buy dollars), you are going to have a penalty of 35%. So, better to spend them here than try to spend it elsewhere.

I'm sure you can find something here you could use in the next few days.

Have any of you successfully made bank transfers from an Argentine bank (the money in pesos, not dollars) to an American bank account recently? I've been told if one goes to the AFIP with his or her immigration visa (being an Argentine citizen) and the itinerary for a one way plane ticket then they will free up your pesos to be transferred or withdrawn in dollars. Is this true?

Back