ATM withdrawals/fees, again

soulskier

Registered
Hola, Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I think things have changed and want to ask the advice of other expats.
I have a CitiBank account and have always been able to withdraw up to US$2,000 per day. They were charging me a 2% foreign fee, which I could live with, but that has been switched back to 3%. In addition, I am charged a US$1.50 non CitiATM, which is fairly new.
Today, I went to the good old ATM, where I was only unable to withdraw 300 pesos per attempt. Last week, it was 600 pesos.
It should be noted I live in Bariloche, where there are no CitiBank branches/ machines available.
My questions are; is anyone using a bank with less than a 3% foreign fee, are there any banks that don't charge the non bank ATM fee, is anyone able to pull out more than 300 pesos per time as of today, and does anyone have any generally suggestions on how to proceed.
Obviously 3% plus US$1.50 is not going to work. BTW, my Pay Pal account appears to only be 1% with no fee. I will be looking into putting money into that without a fee to recieve it.
Thanks in advance!

Charles Schwab does not charge any fees and fees that are charged by other banks are reimbursed. Schwab, I believe, is the best deal out there. You will still be limited to the 300 peso/per transaction limit, but without ANY fees it is not a big deal.

Soulskier: I also have a Citi accont in the US as well and I think we should call & complain since it is the SAME bank transaction. You can use Skype to call ANY US toll-free number and ANYBODY else who is a Citibank customer to call and complain about it. Their number is 1-800-374-9700

Mike, I spoke at length with them and I said "What if I told you I am going to take my money and put it in a another bank with better fees." They response was "Citibank offers the most competive rates out there". And yes, skype makes this living across the world much easier!

"soulskier" said:
Mike, I spoke at length with them and I said "What if I told you I am going to take my money and put it in a another bank with better fees." They response was "Citibank offers the most competive rates out there". And yes, skype makes this living across the world much easier!
Let's hope that there are a lot more expats with citi accounts complain because it shouldn't cost anything for the same bank transaction. especially via the internet or at the SAME bank at a foreign country. =)

Soulskier
I thought that there was a partial resolution to this , two months ago ie they doubled the limit from 300 to 600 or in some cases 650 per withdrawal. There was a post containing a message from the US Embassy stating that they were aware of the situation and were working with Visa and Master to correct the problem. Now you seem to say that we have reverted to the old shitty 300 peso limit again. I have not tested the limits this week. But last week it 650 per withdrawal.
I suggest we all start calling the Embassy again because they have allot more grease than we do as individuals.
Mike are talking about regular Skype or Skype Out?
Is there any form of consistency in this country? Other than consistent pain in ass problems invented in order to constantly keep people off balance, waste time and use up your patients?

Skype out, just put some change in there and you can call ANY US 800 numbers for free.

Ghost, I was the one who posted the embassy note. Yes, it had been up to 600 pesos, but as of yesterday, I could only pull out 300. If someone else could please confirm their withdrawal limit next time the go to the cajero, it would be appreciated.
BTW, Skype In is awesome, you have a phone number almost anywhere you want for US$60/year.

I hope we have not backtracked again. I did several WDs last week at $650 pesos per.

Back