• USA

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Other (Americas)

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Other (Europe)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (I don't give a ****)

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • Other (Some impossibility, like Honduras or France)

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
OK, my predictions (yours welcome):
Argentine-Belgium -> Belgium
France-Germany -> France
Brazil - Colombia -> Colombia
Netherland - Costa Rica -> Netherland

My predictions in my Soccer Pool (before the cup started) were:

Argentina (over Belgium)
Germany (over France)
Brazil (over Colombia)
The Netherlands (over Uruguay... got that one wrong)

Then Argentina beating Germany in the Final.

UPDATED:
I know think that Colombia is more than good enough to beat Brazil. But they will have to score late so that a referee doesn't take matters into his own hands.

I'm also not sold on Argentina. I could see the Dutch beating them in the Semis, although I would of course rather have Argentina win. (This might be different if I were living in the Netherlands.) And Germany has looked vulnerable, but the last time the French beat the Germans, a guy named Napoleon was bossing things in that part of the world.

All the teams have been a bit wishy washy. I don't think I've ever seen so many matches go into extra time.

My World Cup predictions were shot when Spain got kicked out in the first round. :p

For this coming round... I'll go with
Argentina
France
Colombia
Costa Rica

(This is more wishful thinking than critical analysis.)

Final of the -then- "Champion's League" between Liverpool & Roma.

Didn't know the "spaghetti legs", priceless

7:42 here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH71Cy4_kvc

You seemed to have tipped Ghana in front of Portugal; quite brave considering the season Cristiano Ronaldo is having. But then again its the group of death so anything can happen.

I have already given my opinion about Argentina.Tournaments like the world cup tend to favour sides with great defensive ability and discipline regardless of how good your frontline is;The Argentine backline is not up to scratch.

Brazil will always be Brazil. Lets see how they handle the pressure of being hosts.They almost did not qualify for the world cup in 2002 and then ended up winners!

England imho will bottle it. We dont do well in foreign lands and the style needs to be more dynamic other than the fast wingers big striker approach.The likes of the young talent such as Ross Barkeley,Raheem Sterling,Daniel Sturidge and Alex Oxlaide-Camberlain might lead the way forward. I dont know how much impact they would make at this world cup though.

I have a gut feeling about Brazil if they can handle pressure of being the host nation and Germany if they can handle the tropical weather in certain parts of brazil.
My front runners are still in the mixer!!! :D

A couple Brazilians, at least, aspire to greatness: http://tinyurl.com/o92j5h6

Back