Ba Herald Question

I have some friends who are going to vote "en blanco" next Sunday, for they don't believe in either candidate, etc., believing that whatever Scioli or Macri say, it's all a bunch of lies.

I'm really baffled at the whole "en blanco" thing for a country with at least a wisp of democratic competition left. So neither candidate is Lincoln or Washington (or Irigoyen, for crissakes)? How in hell can anyone think a blank vote could improve anything? I'm actually looking for some kind of answer to make sense out of what seems to be suicidally aberrant behavior - even for Argentinians.

"Hold your nose and vote" is an old tradition. Done it myself many times - and voting isn't mandatory in the US.

I'm really baffled at the whole "en blanco" thing for a country with at least a wisp of democratic competition left. So neither candidate is Lincoln or Washington (or Irigoyen, for crissakes)? How in hell can anyone think a blank vote could improve anything? I'm actually looking for some kind of answer to make sense out of what seems to be suicidally aberrant behavior - even for Argentinians.

"Hold your nose and vote" is an old tradition. Done it myself many times - and voting isn't mandatory in the US.

Exactly! Several times I've held my nose and voted.

Back