BA Life, etc!

Hawkaye

Registered
I'm planning a visit to BA in September 2009, for a few weeks, and plan to make a return next Spring, around March to stay for a little longer. Can anyone advise of suitable areas of the city (for shopping, bars, cafes, restaurants, etc,) to stay in and what to expect to pay for a one bedroom rented apartment?

Thanks in anticipation.
Hawkaye

Hawkaye said:
I'm planning a visit to BA in September 2009, for a few weeks, and plan to make a return next Spring, around March to stay for a little longer. Can anyone advise of suitable areas of the city (for shopping, bars, cafes, restaurants, etc,) to stay in and what to expect to pay for a one bedroom rented apartment?

Thanks in anticipation.
Hawkaye

Hmmm...yes I'm not a long-term resident so I may not be the best to ask about such things...but...your question is too broad. What kinds of things do you like, etc.

It's easier to say which places to avoid. San Telmo and Boca and a few other things are places "with local color," i.e., directed toward tourists and the people who scam them...they suck. There are other, worse places too.

For a nice 1-bd in a good part of town you should pay no more than $800-900...check craigslist...they can scam you with thin-walled studios that go up to $1200 because it has "modern furniture" and other crap. Similarly, paying $600 for a crappy studio because you save $200 is also a scam imo.

Back