BA real estate boom or bust

Transferring money via your company is cheaper? Sorry, I was referring to actual financial institutions which your company is NOT.

The stamp duty is usually split 50-50 but that's no guarantee, you know that.

Remax works with the most respected financial institutions in Buenos Aires and has all the contacts to make the transaction possible at the lowest rate on the market . I understand that many here do not have the support nor the right advice meaning they are paying much more than is necessary.

Regarding the Stamp Duty its by law meant to be split 50 percent . If your realtor is not telling you this he is not doing his job!!!!!

pericles said:
Remax works with the most respected financial institutions in Buenos Aires and has all the contacts to make the transaction possible at the lowest rate on the market . I understand that many here do not have the support nor the right advice meaning they are paying much more than is necessary.

Doesn't Remax work with CitiBank? They just declared bankruptcy.

Doesn't Remax work with CitiBank? They just declared bankrupt Quote Istar

You really are trying so hard are you not . We have never worked with Citibank

Now give it a rest!!!

My opinion (so take it for what it's worth:rolleyes:)

Real estate is *usually* a good investment. If one can afford to buy as opposed to throwing away money in rent - it's a good move.

Buying an apt with the intent of getting rich renting to foreigners is probably a bad idea.

Buying an apt with the intent of having it as a place to live is a good idea.

The chances of you losing money if you buy a nice apt in a solid area is pretty negligible. The chance of you making a huge amount of money when you sell (esp if you are selling in under 7 years) is equally negligible.

Again - from what I've seen, there are a lot less people renting apts here (short-term, foreigners). Rents are down. Apartments are vacant longer.

I don't think you'll ever see a "crash" here in prices but I have seen prices come down (or stay stable) in most areas. I think there are really good deals to be had outside of Cap Fed but I think a lot of the apts here are/were overpriced downtown.

If I were buying for investment purposes or with the intent of renting out my apt to pay the bills, I wouldn't buy here.

If I were buying a place with the intent of having a place to live, a pied a terre or a personal investment choice (aka, a place to put capital without having to rent it to pay bills), I would buy here.

Back