Ba Vs The World

fred mertz

Registered
I've been checking a website that compares the cost of living between different cities of the World. Not surprising, Buenos Aires seems to be a more expensive city in which to live, than a great many cities. In 2 catagories Buenos Aires is much less expensive than most. Public transportation - that's good and the price of cigarettes - that's bad.
Wouldn't a great many smokers quit if the price of cigarettes doubled or tripled? I bet by raising the price in the U.S. (EEUU) a lot of people are much healthier.

I've been checking a website that compares the cost of living between different cities of the World. Not surprising, Buenos Aires seems to be a more expensive city in which to live, than a great many cities. In 2 catagories Buenos Aires is much less expensive than most. Public transportation - that's good and the price of cigarettes - that's bad.
Wouldn't a great many smokers quit if the price of cigarettes doubled or tripled? I bet by raising the price in the U.S. (EEUU) a lot of people are much healthier.
Link?

I just did a search and found a website that lets you compare the cost of living between specific cities and I quickly compared the cost of living in Buenos Aires to Bahia Blanca (the closest big city to my present location and easy to find on a map of Pcia. Bs. As.).

Based on he figures generated by the website's database, the cost of living in Bahia Blanca is 44% less than Buenos Aires.

Then I made several more comparisons:

The cost of living in Buenos Aires is 53% and 54% cheaper than Chicago and Paris.

And the cost of living in Bahia Blanca is 74% cheaper than Paris.

Source: expatistan.com

I just did a search and found a website that lets you compare the cost of living between specific cities and I quickly compared the cost of living in Buenos Aires to Bahia Blanca (the closest big city to my present location and easy to find on a map of Pcia. Bs. As.).

Based on he figures generated by the website's database, the cost of living in Bahia Blanca is 44% less than Buenos Aires.

Then I made several more comparisons:

The cost of living in Buenos Aires is 53% and 54% cheaper than Chicago and Paris.

And the cost of living in Bahia Blanca is 74% cheaper than Paris.

Source: expatistan.com
Is it fair/relevant to compare Bahia Blanca to Paris?

Bahia Blanca is probably one of the most boring cities on the planet!

Once I went to Bahia Blanca and could not sight a single person on any street the whole day long!

And disgusting weather.. whole day long!

Bahia Blanca is probably one of the most boring cities on the planet!

Once I went to Bahia Blanca and could not sight a single person on any street the whole day long!

And disgusting weather.. whole day long!
To be fair, the weather here the last few weeks have been pretty disgusting also.

Boring is only boring for those seeking a lifestyle that demands constant stimulation of some sort. I am inclined to agree with Steve - the place where I live should be as uneventful as possible. If I need excitement, I will go and visit it as opposed to it visiting me.

To be fair, the weather here the last few weeks have been pretty disgusting also.

Boring is only boring for those seeking a lifestyle that demands constant stimulation of some sort. I am inclined to agree with Steve - the place where I live should be as uneventful as possible. If I need excitement, I will go and visit it as opposed to it visiting me.

The weather has been brilliant!

Is it fair/relevant to compare Bahia Blanca to Paris?

I don't know about "fair" because that term is somewhat vague, but it's a relevant comparison for someone who lived in CABA for fours years (with no desire to return) and still has a desire to live in Paris for a year or two...and is very happy to be living in el campo near Bahia Blanca, where the cost of living is relatively reasonable.
emo32.gif

Back