Baby Bed/Pack n Play

A&A

Registered
So, we're deciding what to bring and my 10 month old's pack n' play is a question mark. I have a friend from B.A. that said bring all the baby stuff you can, because those things are expensive (strollers, car seats, etc...) but I really don't want to bother with it. We've already got a ton of luggage. I've been looking for a crib online, and found a ton, but no prices. I just want to know if anyone has seen a pack n' play at a jumbo or somewhere and how much or roughly how much a simple crib would cost or if you think we should just go ahead and suck it up and bring it?

Many thanks,
ande

You can get all this stuff here, but:

1) it will be somewhat more expensive (depends on what you need)
2) it will be lower quality unless you pay more for imported brands (Chicco, etc). There are several good baby stores.

You can check www.mercadolibre.com.ar to get an idea of some prices. Search for "cuna" for the crib. Also note that for wood cribs, most stores need 30+ days to make it, so that may take some time.

I really think it's worth bringing with you. If I had the chance to go back and visit I would buy up a lot of baby stuff in the US and bring it back here. Most American woman I know here do that. It's just a headache to find good prices and good quality baby things here, not impossible, but very difficult.

I'd bring the Pack n' Play and anything else you need or will need in the short-term. You can buy one here but it will cost you more. Unless you are going to be here for a long time and will have the space to buy a regular crib, the pack n' play is more versatile.

I guess that settles it. The pack n' play comes with.

Thanks so much for the replies.

Back