Bank Account

Popper

Registered
Has anyone opened a bank account at Banco Frances? I need to open an account (Caja de Ahorro Sueldos) so that my company can direct deposit my salary. I have a CUIL and Certificado de Residencia Precaria...do I need anything other than my passport to get this done??

I don't think so. We have basically the same paper work you have and have a local bank account. Maybe a letter with the job offer/outline from your company?

my employer was with Banco Frances but they still wouldn't give the foreign employees an account despite having a CUIL etc etc... they insisted on a DNI. I eventually opened one with Itau with just the CUIL and my passport. My employer has since changed to HSBC and they have an agreement to give all foreigners who have at least a CUIL an account.

However, your employer should be able to look into opening the account for you.

erindanelle said:
my employer was with Banco Frances but they still wouldn't give the foreign employees an account despite having a CUIL etc etc... they insisted on a DNI. I eventually opened one with Itau with just the CUIL and my passport. My employer has since changed to HSBC and they have an agreement to give all foreigners who have at least a CUIL an account.

However, your employer should be able to look into opening the account for you.

Yes. Actually, I didn't notice you were looking specifically for Banco Frances. We use HSBC.

It is typically the employer who should open the " cuenta sueldo " for you at the bank he works with ( it is a legal requirement )

Right - we have accounts at Banco Frances and Santander Rio, so we wanted to have one opened with one of them to make things easier. My company wrote a letter for the bank, including their CUIT and bank account number, etc. Hopefully that'll work - thanks for the advice.

Back