Banking in BA

elanastephanie

Registered
Hey all,
I posted a thread a while back about the best way to go about with money issues while in BA. I most concerned with getting money out of an ATM without much of a charge, being able to deposit money, and being able to pay rent,(with a check)? Someone recommended Charles Schwab as a good bank to use while in BA as far as being able to transfer money from my current Bank account at Citizens bank, which i don't necessarily want to close. Any definite advice to offer? Thanks.

elanastephanie said:
Hey all,
I posted a thread a while back about the best way to go about with money issues while in BA. I most concerned with getting money out of an ATM without much of a charge, being able to deposit money, and being able to pay rent,(with a check)? Someone recommended Charles Schwab as a good bank to use while in BA as far as being able to transfer money from my current Bank account at Citizens bank, which i don't necessarily want to close. Any definite advice to offer? Thanks.

You don't have to close your Citizens bank account. Just open a Schwab account and set up "moneylink" transfers. You can go on line and transfer funds from your Citizens account to your Schwab account (without charge). You won't be charged for ATM withdrawals from the Schwab account here.

Schwab has been great. They refund all the ATM fees at the end of every month...

I use an HSBC DEBIT card and i m neither charged the argentine banks 11 pesos fix fee, nor the european banks fix fee and not even any percentage for the conversion. I checked it everytime i withdrew cash from an HSBC ATM. Change of the day, clear and simple.;)

3000 USD/month limit.

fifilafiloche said:
I use an HSBC DEBIT card and i m neither charged the argentine banks 11 pesos fix fee, nor the european banks fix fee and not even any percentage for the conversion. I checked it everytime i withdrew cash from an HSBC ATM. Change of the day, clear and simple.;)

Really? I have an HSBC Direct debit card from the US and I get charged the 11 peso fee at HSBC banks here. I wonder if it's because I have HSBC Direct (internet-only banking). Or maybe it's because your account is in Europe? Hm...

Yes, i have an HSBC direct account (internet). The debit card pulls money out of my savings account.

Back