Banknote problems?

BednBreakfast

Registered
Today a friend went to buy paint and he was told in the paint store that they don't accept cien pesos bills with K in the serial number. When he questioned this, they said it was accounts department policy. He returned with a different note and different people were serving at the counter. They said they don't accept cien pesos bills with P in the serial number. Any heads up on this? Were they just taking the pi*$?

maybe the ones with the K are from CFK's private collection printed at the Ciccione printing plant??

BednBreakfast said:
Today a friend went to buy paint and he was told in the paint store that they don't accept cien pesos bills with K in the serial number. When he questioned this, they said it was accounts department policy. He returned with a different note and different people were serving at the counter. They said they don't accept cien pesos bills with P in the serial number. Any heads up on this? Were they just taking the pi*$?
This is a NEW one on me! WTF?

I was talking with my boyfriends parents about this the other day, I have had no notes declined but recently lots of people have been thoroughly checking the 100 notes I have handed to them. They were saying that some new notes have been printed 'on the cheap' and they are genuine notes BUT they are look and feel exactly as the fake notes. These new notes were made from a different cheaper paper and also have the serial number printed on them differently, running down the side of the note instead of across so people believe them to be fake because of the serial number. As for the P and the K I have no idea why they asked that. Basically they messed up with the printing and its almost impossible to tell which is real and which is not.

On the new 100 notes being printed they have removed the part saying it is legally exchangeable, something like that - someone pointed this out to me yesterday and seems there's a lot of people talking about it. Have a look for yourself on a new and old note.

Katie159 said:
I was talking with my boyfriends parents about this the other day, I have had no notes declined but recently lots of people have been thoroughly checking the 100 notes I have handed to them. They were saying that some new notes have been printed 'on the cheap' and they are genuine notes BUT they are look and feel exactly as the fake notes. These new notes were made from a different cheaper paper and also have the serial number printed on them differently, running down the side of the note instead of across so people believe them to be fake because of the serial number. As for the P and the K I have no idea why they asked that. Basically they messed up with the printing and its almost impossible to tell which is real and which is not.
Do you mean to say the opposite? I believe the "cheap" ones are the ones with the horizontal black serial number.

Back