Batidos, Fruit Smoothies?

I've been in BsAs almost 14 years. I survived without a baexpats forum to ask questions. I had to walk around the city to find what I needed, ask lots of questions once I felt comfortable in the language, and discover things on my own. I marvel at some of the questions on this forum. People want everything done for them without any effort on their part. And they want things to be here just as they are back home. Forget it. An attitude adjustment and change of lifestyle are required if you plan to stay in Argentina.

I've been here for six years and pretty much learned the same way. Which is why I try to be helpful - things are stressful enough here as it is, why not help newcomers out? I sure wish I had known about this site to research and ask questions myself when I was figuring things out.

Also, many of us don't want to become Argentine and you don't have to in order to live here and enjoy yourself. There's nothing wrong with bringing some of your own culture with you, and I share mine all the time with my Paraguayan family and our Argentine friends. Hands down, they all go ape for my chicken-fried steak and cream gravy over the milenesa that's served here, for example. And my gumbo and chili and pancakes (American-style) with maple syrup, all made with or using stuff from the US that I have people bring down for me from time to time.

Share a little! Change their lives as they change ours!

jantango..and I too also have been a long time traveler before the help of the internet, I did just as jantango mentioned, pounding the streets, in difficult places, initially only knowing a couple dozen words of the local language where noone spoke my language and getting along that way as I still do for the most part (makes it more immersive).
As the original poster of this thread - the internet is here, why not make use of getting other people's experiences, tips, etc.?
No need to be snappy, really. It just adds unnecessary extra clutter to this world these days.

Back