Battle Of The River Plate: British Film On Youtube

so back on the topic, I absolutely reccomend "Tras la estela del Graf Spee" by Enrique Dick (editorial Edivern) . His dad was one of the German prisoners sent to Villa General Belgrano and it's a great first hand testimony. For the ship lovers it has some precise explanations on the technical details and for the history lovers... well, what can I say, amazing. Plus his dad's story before and after the war is just unbelievable.
Another interesting fact is that the author went on a diving expedition round the remains of the ship. There's a chapter about it in the 2009 edition

I almost forgot another 2 great books
- Una valija del Titanic. on his mother's side, the author is related to the only Argentine who died on the Titanic. Great story
- Cuando vuelva hijo, que tenga juicio. The author's great grand uncle was an Argentine-french who fought in WWI. Amazing book, I cried the whole time

The video seems to be OK, I can only make one correction: it says that no U-boat was ever found sunk here.
It is true, but the the two U-boats that surrendered 3 months after the war (in Mar del Plata Naval Base) were
later sent to England by the Arg goverment. They did not remain in this country.
I personally own one soup spoon from one of the subs.

976571w300.jpg

While the above was happening on Luna park....

http://youtu.be/MceaPGwZP04

Yes Milton Friedman The Guru of Money supply Economics

(spit!)

There are no words to express my contempt for that man. If ever a living being deserved to be called an Enemy of The People, Friedman was the one.

Back