BBC Game Show casting tomorrow (April 17th)

Alzinho said:
Oh it's genuine.......but check the show out on YouTube.
Don't get me wrong, I'd be happy to make a fool of myself for £10,000 (that would sustain me here for 2 years!), but I'm not going to risk a broken neck for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nub-YsuNWkY
http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=guX1G0W2Jo4&feature=related

Thats total wipeout... similar to the japanese takeshi's castle....

I've done a bit of searching on google.
there's this promo here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owmRLvxxSrw
which is basically promotion for it.
and here someone talks about the uk interview process
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-32swj8AdMM

and finally this
However, this will have a major difference. Contestants will leave the show via a variety of brain-puzzling methods... think cannons, rockets, catapults and bungees, freezing water, glutinous mud, dread and humiliation.
Nice.
During each round the contestants face a single multiple choice question where all the answers... except one... are correct. That's the answer they are all trying to avoid; the problem is, it's not until they are moments away from a horrendous way of exiting the show, that one of the contestants discovers they have made the wrong choice.
Answer wrongly and your dignity gets hurled across the studio floor like a dirty nappy.
All the action takes place on the monolithic "tower", a purpose-built venue rising 100 feet in to the sky. The quiz part of the show happens in a high-tech studio, which can move up and down inside the tower.
But with one side of the studio constantly exposed to the elements, the contestants are only ever a few feet away from being flung from the tower by some strange device.
One moment they're in the relative calm of a sophisticated quiz show set; the next they're hanging upside down on a zipline in a high wind about to be fired off the tower and off the show for good.
Total Wipeout meets 3-2-1.
http://www.tvscoop.tv/2010/01/post_9.html

with no promise or mention of an appearance fee i think i'll give it a miss :)

I'm of the belief that they're coming to argentina so as to be able to dunk people in 400-gallon vats of dulce de leche. In which case, where do I sign?? :p

esllou said:
I'm of the belief that they're coming to argentina so as to be able to dunk people in 400-gallon vats of dulce de leche. In which case, where do I sign?? :p

more likely they come here to get around health and saftey and not pay you an appearance fee.

there is no appearance fee but there is a 10k prize for the winner, on top of that you get put up in a 4 star hotel in the centre of BA and are given noney for food and to buy some smart clothes for filming.

so they're not really offering much for the ex-pats who are most likely not going to win anything and be embarrassed on a takeshi's castle rip off :)

ah, you all miss the point. No body expects to win the £10,000 there will be only one winner, no, in todays celebrity obsessed culture it is just half an hour of fame the contestants seek.
That is why lotto winners are rarely happy, when they win they court publicity which they cannot cope with, they fall into depression firstly because no one will leave them alone, then deeper into dispair when every one starts to ignore them again.

Hi folks. I just looked at the links put by Alzinho and if indeed that is the game show coming (total wipe out) here then im almost certain it´s real. We had the exact same game show, with the exact same scenaries and whatnot ! (cant remember the name of the show though) so i guess if they already have all the set ready to go here (that would explain why they come to BA) all they need is the participants !

On a side note, my brothers and me and many other argies of my generation grew up watching Benny Hill ! if you ask me, the best comedy show ever !! I remember laughing my ass out from minute one till the last seconds of the show (you know, everyone (including half naked beautiful girls :p ) running in fast motion after benny with the funny theme ! hehehe)

-Juan

They came into the Gibraltor a few weeks ago looking for people too. They are clearly desperate. Show sounds horrible.

jazrgz said:
Hi folks. I just looked at the links put by Alzinho and if indeed that is the game show coming (total wipe out) here then im almost certain it´s real. We had the exact same game show, with the exact same scenaries and whatnot ! (cant remember the name of the show though) so i guess if they already have all the set ready to go here (that would explain why they come to BA) all they need is the participants !

On a side note, my brothers and me and many other argies of my generation grew up watching Benny Hill ! if you ask me, the best comedy show ever !! I remember laughing my ass out from minute one till the last seconds of the show (you know, everyone (including half naked beautiful girls :p ) running in fast motion after benny with the funny theme ! hehehe)

-Juan

It wasn't so funny for poor old Ernie, how would you like to die from a bun below your heart eh?

Back