Bbc Website Blocked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mendozanow

Registered
[font=lucida grande']BBC...anybody else notice that the BBC webpage news appears to be blocked, just the banner coming through. Kretina censorship to prevent positive news about the Iron Lady?[/font]

[font=lucida grande']Is this the start of more censorship? The newspapers, including the dumbed-down Buenos Aires Herald, have been pressured to use government big-brother-speak for years now, but this would be a new, more vicious, attack on information and truth. [/font]

[font=lucida grande']Is this website on the attack list?[/font]

Does it occcur to your paranoid ass that the site might be saturated by too many hits due to Maggie's recent demise?
You must be wearing your tinfoil hat backwards.

Not a big fan of the Lady in Black but I just don't blame her for every cloud that casts a shadow over my head.

Cookies on the BBC website

We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. We also use cookies to ensure we show you advertising that is relevant to you. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on the BBC website. However, if you would like to, you can change your cookie settings at any time.

I can't see that happening, but it's not beyond the realms...

Works fine for me. Maybe they unblocked it because the knew baexpats was privy to their attempt at censorship.

How is you blaming Our Beloved Leader not personal?
But I did get your attention, didn't I? Love to explain technical complexities in layman's terms and getting my point accross. :D

Okay, the cookies thing worked, so I guess my gut reac :rolleyes: tion was wrong.

Was called paranoid here when I predicted the cepa and travel controls before the last election, and when I was one of the first to suggest INDEC was fudging the figures. ;)

There's a known issue on the site to do with a script used in advertising. Has been very bad in last 24 hours. As you say, you see the header load, then if you look in your browswer status bar at the bottom, it will say a script is loading, connecting, loading, connecting, etc.

They seem to have sorted it out in last hour or so, but I've known it to come back and forth so be aware it might start again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back