BBQ/BookClub this Sunday afternoon (August 9)

captdave

Registered
Hey Everybody

I have started this thread to mention that this Sunday (8/9) there will be a kick-off meeting for the Spanish Book Club BuenosAires Mike has started, combined with a Burger BBQ afterwards. Location is my house here in Vicente Lopez. *

The book club (detailed at http://baexpats.org/culture/5643-book-club-spanish-start-up.html#post34122) will meet at around 1:30, and the BBQ will begin about 3:30 or 4.

I will provide burgers and fixin's, bring whatever you want to drink and anything else you care to. There will probably be about 20 or 25 folks coming, so please RSVP by PM or (better) here so people can tell who's coming and I can have an approximate head count for the BBQ.

See ya Sunday!

David

*Directions to the house
Gaspar Campos 121
Vicente Lopez

There is a printable map, with taxi instructions in spanish, at:
http://www.davidelkus.com/map.html
and another one, perhaps clearer but without instructions at:
http://www.terrazadelnorte.com/eng/ubicac.html

A cab from Palermo should be about 20 pesos - split 2 or 3 ways that ain't too bad.
You can also take any one of a number of buses. The 29 (be SURE to only take the one that says "Olivos") comes down Libertador, through Belgrano/Nunez and passes under the Lugones/Grnl. Paz overpass, and a few blocks later crosses LaPrida (right after the big Carrafour in Vicente Lopez.)
Cross the RR track, walk up the hill 3 blocks (on LaPrida), turn left on Gaspar Campos (house # is 121.)

There are several buses that run down Cabildo/Maipu (Av. Santa Fe turns into Cabildo in Palermo, which then becomes Maipu as it enters Vicente Lopez).
You can take any 152, 161, 59 (there are a few others as well, if you're handy with the Guia T) - they all stop at Maipu and LaPrida (about 3 blocks after you go under the overpass the marks the boundry of Vicente Lopez, at the 5000 block of Cabildo.)
Walk down the hill on LaPrida about 4 blocks, and turn right on Gaspar Campos to #121

My cell phone is
15 4048 4297 if you want better instructions or get lost...

David

I'm planning on coming! Looking forward to it and thanks in advance for hosting!

I´ll be ther also Dave, and THANKS AGAIN for inviting us all to your great home!!
Joe

I'm very upset that I had to miss it again - I started to get sick last night so I decided to play it safe and stay home today - what a bummer!! I hope you guys had fun and god willing hopefully I can make it to the next event!! Dave is so generous for offering his home for these bbqs!

KatharineAnn said:
I'm very upset that I had to miss it again - I started to get sick last night so I decided to play it safe and stay home today - what a bummer!! I hope you guys had fun and god willing hopefully I can make it to the next event!! Dave is so generous for offering his home for these bbqs!

I'm sorry you couldn't make it, as usual I had a GREAT time and met some great new folks!

The next one will be after I get back at the end of August, I hope you can (all) make it!

As for being generous, I'm happy to promote that illusion, but the fact is not only do I get to enjoy everyone's company without having to leave my house, but I almost always wind up with a surplus of drinks and other goodies I can snarf on for the next few days!

The exception this time were Bett's chocolate chip cookies, which were summarily devoured about as fast as they left the oven! I did find one straggler afterwards though!

So thanks again all of you for coming by, and I look forward to seeing you all again, and some new folks, at the end of the month!

saludos,

David

Thanks a lot again, Dave, and have a great trip!

David, hope I can return the favor some day. thanks for your wonderful hamburgers and company.

Mike

Back