Be My Friend? (Yikes that sounds pathetic)

20sTravel

Registered
Hey Guys,

I'm a 27 year old American girl from the DC Area. I'm living in BA with my boyfriend for the next couple of months. We've actually been here a month but because I work from home, I haven't had the chance to meet too many people.

Would love to find some cool people to hang out with once in awhile, maybe go to a movie or grab lunch or do something cultural. Specifically looking for some cool girl friends but I mean, I'm posting for friends on a message board, so I'm not that picky :).

My spanish is so-so.

If you wanna hang out, drop me a line!

Steph

Hi Steph! I just moved here about a month ago too! I am a 25 year old American/Canadian girl working at the Canadian embassy. We should get together! Send me a message! :)

Hi Steph..

I'm from NOVA (Northern Virginia) and been in BA for about a year and just found this forum and check it every once in a while. My wife is an Argentine but it's been a culture shock for me (mostly because i can't speak the language) but welcome and hope you enjoy your time here.

Hey chicas!

Tomorrow night, Thursday the 16th, there will be a Mexican Pop-up event in Palermo Soho that I (New Orleans gal) am hosting. There will be a big handful of expat girls/guys as well as young-ish Argentines there. If you want, come by and introduce yourself, you're bound to meet some people as it's a VERY social environment. And there will be tasty snacks!

I'm Liza aka NOLAchef, hope to see you there!

Oh yea! HA

It's at Tout le Monde, gurruchaga 1417, corner of cabrera in Palermo. Happy hour starts at 5, kitchen closes around 2 mas o menos.

Hi Everyone,
I'm moving to Buenos Aires next week. I will be there into the summer and would be interested in meeting some new people as well. I'm 25 american/egyptian.

Maybe we can create some sort of meetup or bar night and all get together.

Also, if you anybody has tips on economically priced open rooms in shared apartments, please let me know.

Hope to meet some of you soon.

Based on all the responses and messages I've gotten maybe there needs to be some kind of BA Expats Girls Night Out! I don't know the city too well but perhaps I can try to arrange something....

Hi everyone, I'm an 26-year-old American who's been here for a few months and would love to meet more people. I'm planning to go to the Mexican Pop-up mentioned above, if anyone else wants to check it out.

(And I'd be up for a night out sort of thing.)

I love this! It reminds me of when I used to go to camp with my family when I was a kid and every year I'd make a sign saying "Looking for friends!" and put it up in the rec hall. Totally great.
I'm 24, from Vermont originally, and always looking for friends too, as they tend to filter in and out pretty quickly down here. I'm trying to convince one of my girl friends who WILL be here for awhile to come to that even tonight. Maybe I'll see you there!

Emma

Having a BA Expat Girls Night Out sounds AWESOME :p I'm 23 and have been here about 6 months... As MissEmma said, it's kind of tough to make friends down here because people leave so fast! I'm here for the foreseeable future and would love to hang out.

Is anybody interested in doing something tomorrow (Friday) night?

NOLAchef said:
Hey chicas!

Tomorrow night, Thursday the 16th, there will be a Mexican Pop-up event in Palermo Soho that I (New Orleans gal) am hosting. There will be a big handful of expat girls/guys as well as young-ish Argentines there. If you want, come by and introduce yourself, you're bound to meet some people as it's a VERY social environment. And there will be tasty snacks!

I'm Liza aka NOLAchef, hope to see you there!

Oh yea! HA

It's at Tout le Monde, gurruchaga 1417, corner of cabrera in Palermo. Happy hour starts at 5, kitchen closes around 2 mas o menos.

That was yummy! Thanks heaps, Liza :)

Back