Beach trip with NO RESERVATIONS?

brentgarrison

Registered
My wife and I are considering simply renting a car and driving down the coast in search of cheap lodging for a few days. Is this safe? Should we expect it to be easy to find reasonably priced lodging on or near the beach this time of year? We have been trying to find an apartment in Palermo or Las Canitas the entire week, walking all over the place, searching the internet for hours per day, and just would like to get away for a few days. We were in Bariloche for 2 weeks and the wife says "I need sun!!"

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

brentgarrison said:
My wife and I are considering simply renting a car and driving down the coast in search of cheap lodging for a few days. Is this safe? Should we expect it to be easy to find reasonably priced lodging on or near the beach this time of year? We have been trying to find an apartment in Palermo or Las Canitas the entire week, walking all over the place, searching the internet for hours per day, and just would like to get away for a few days. We were in Bariloche for 2 weeks and the wife says "I need sun!!"

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi Brent! If you go right now you shouldn´t have problems finding a place to stay. The high season is in January and February, and to go without reservations wouldn´t be wise. But in December is OK.

A month ago I went with a group of friends to this place: www.carilovillage.com and I recommend it.

I went down the coast and found places to stay without too much trouble, even in Mar Del Plata during high season. People are pretty helpful and just recommend you to someplace else if they're full. I normally travel with a guidebook like LonelyPlanet and work through the choices on arrival.
The trick is to arrive just after noon, when people have just checked out.

Back