Bed bugs

Mondongo

Registered
I have been unable to find updated information online regarding the presence of bed bugs (Cimex lectularius) in Argentina. I would like to read first-hand accounts from individuals who have encountered them during their stays in hotels, Airbnbs, or other types of accommodations. Bed bugs can be found in establishments ranging from five-star hotels to budget options, yet there is limited information available on this topic.

Last edited:
I have been unable to find updated information online regarding the presence of bed bugs (Cimex lectularius) in Argentina. I would like to read first-hand accounts from individuals who have encountered them during their stays in hotels, Airbnbs, or other types of accommodations. Bed bugs can be found in establishments ranging from five-star hotels to budget options, yet there is limited information available on this topic.
Did you search for "chinches"? There are a couple of hits for that term, studies by Conicet and the like.

But my experience is similar to @wjacobs, 5+ years of Airbnbs, hotels, and rented accommodation and never once saw a bedbug.

In 10+ years I've yet to come across them thankfully. Let's hope it stays that way

Back