Beer Brewing Supplies

Red & Lady Mink

Registered
Hello All,

New to BA, got here monday morning, anybody do some homebrewing out there and know where I can get some ingredients.

Best regards,
Red

Wow I did not think anybody would know of something but I really appreciate the links...now I just need to learn spanish or get my wife to translate for me.

Hi Red and Lady Mink,

I'd like to talk with you about homebrewing!

Could you leave your e-mail address on here or send me a private message. I wasn't able to send you one.

Thanks,
Joe

Hi Red,

I've just joined Somos Cerveceros, which is a predominately home brewing group (there are some serious brewers in their as well i.e. Leo Ferrari, the brewer at Antares Brewing). They have some pretty good discounts on brewing materials and links to suppliers, direct from their site www.somoscerveceros.org.ar .
You will find it difficult to get many of the foreign hop varieties and, globally, the locally grown hops are not rated that highly. Local grown malted barley is exported throughout S America but is more of a Pilsner than Pale Ale malt....having said which, I have successfully brewed ales with it (I just needed to use more than if i'd had proper pale ale malt).
Cheers
Ian

Back